#3

The next day the doctor and the other demon join me in the room. And when i say "join me in the room" i mean the doctor tried to corner me and force a thermometer in my mouth while the other demon watched, smirking. When the doctor finally gives up on the fifth try the other demon steps in. "Give me the thermometer." He says, holding out his hand. The doctor obediently places the thermometer in his hand. He slowly approaches me, earning him a warning glare. "Do you mind if I take your temperature?" He asks softly. There is something compassionate in his voice that makes me less warry of him. That doesn't mean I'm going to let him stick that in my mouth. "I mind" i rasp out. My voice is slowly returning, but it's still raspy. "How about this, I'll make you a deal. If you let us help you, I will let you pick three books for your self. Any books in the world." He offers. It's really tempting. I love books, books are an escape. I never really got read books due to all the moving around, but I had three in mind from a recent stay in a bookstore that ended to soon. I nod. The man looks pleased. I allow him to take my tempeture and weigh me, getting a surprised look from both Dr belikov and the golden eyed girl. they diagnose me with malnutrition and stubbornness. Their words, not mine. I'm not stubborn.

I tell them what books I want and the man nods. He is gone for about half an hour, and when he returns he's got the three books I asked for under his arm. He gives them to me and I allow the doctor to put me back in my enclosure. Books are worth it. As soon as the door shuts behind me I'm scaling the rocks with the first book in hand. A crowd of onlookers gather as I make it to the top, basking in the sunlight streaming in from the sunroof for a second before plopping down and reading my book. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, having so many people watch you, but soon they fade away as I become engrossed in my story.

  It's nearly noon when the golden eyed girl enters my enclosure with a plate of food. She looks around for me, becoming ever more confused each time she looks in a spot and I'm not there. When she finally looks up after noticing all the demons laughing and pointing at me as I watch her she smiles In relief. She places the food down and walks out of my enclosure  shrugging. I carefully climb down and retrieve my food, picking up a small pill on the tray I inspect it. I am warry of it, what if it's drugs or something bad for me? But what if I don't take it and they take away my books? I take it, washing it down with the water bottle provided. The small cinnamon cake is next to go. I savor it as I read my book. The last thing on the tray is an apple. I eat it as I finish my book, I place the apple core on the tray and close my book. Climbing down I leave the tray where the golden eyed girl put it and I enter my cave to grab another book. On my way to the cave I spot a familiar face in the crowd, the man who bartered with me for the books. I don't know if I trust him, but he is my favorite person here. 

Gabe's pov:

I watch as jack sit down and reads his books. I knew he was a book lover the moment I saw him in the infirmary, he looked like he was thinking about something very important. I can't stop thinking about him. It's very obvious he's my mate, it's not uncommon for one of us to have a human mate and it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is how skinny he is. How scared of me he is.  Seeing the fear in his eyes when he looked at me killed me, made me want to pamper him, spoil him so he never has to be afraid of anything again.  I see jack looking at me as he enters the cave, he's thinking again. Probably about the book he just finished. He has the prettiest blue eyes that make me want to just do everything he says no questions asked, They bring forth images of him snuggling up to me, of him loving me. I want that. 

I leave to find Dr belikov. I find him at his desk reading over Jack's file, all the knowledge about him we were able to glean from every one we know knows him. It's still being updated. "I want jack" i say,startling the doctor. "Well I don't know, you're not the only one who wants him, he's a very pretty specimen that has a fair amount of admireres. Blue eyes are very popular among human breeders." The doctor says. "I am not losing my mate to some stupid fucking human breeder" i growl. "Who's the tip bidder?" I ask. The doctor looks at me in surprise before answering me. "Akande, he's bidding three thousand dollars, the bid ends in an hour" he says after a moment. " I want to bid three thousand five hundred dollars on jack" I say, Making his eyes go wide. He nods and scrambles to enter my bid into the system. I turn to leave pissing only to steal the picture of jack off of the doctors table while he's not looking.

I leave the doctor's office and return to Jack's enclosure. He doesn't notice me this time, which is a blessing because I would be so tempted to just walk in there with him and take him home with me. But I have to wait another hour before I can do that, or else it will be considered kidnapping.

Jack's pov:

It takes me around an hour or so to finish my second book.  Should I move on to the third? Nah, I'll save it for tommorow so I have something to do. what should I do now? Before I can decide what to do next, Dr belikov walks in with an armed guard by his side. This imidiatly sets me on edge. What is the guard for? What is going on? Dr belikov approaches me, motioning to the guard to stay behind. "Hey there jack" he says in a friendly tone. I glance between him and the guard again. He follows my gaze. "You have been purchased by Gabriel reyes , we will be delivering you to him" the doctor explains calmly. I narrow my eyes at him. The name is unfamiliar to me. "There is no need to be alarmed, you're going to be fine, just come with us" he says, motioning me to follow him. I grab my books and allow him to guide me out of my enclosure and through countless hallways, until finally we reach a black car. The man who brought me the books holds the door open for me and I reluctantly climb in. The man climbs in next to me and closes the door behind him, turning to me he extends his hand to shake. "I guess I haven't properly introduced myself, I'm Gabriel reyes, but you can call me Gabe" he says, smiling at me. I shake his hand hesitantly. His grip is strong and even though the hand shake was short lived, I can still feel the warmth of my hand in his minutes after.