Insecure

it doesn't feel like christmas next week and it makes me sad :( why do we have to grow up :(

Wesley

"Yours came out so huge!" Aaliyah laughs. "It looks like a penis!"

"Says yours! You made a santa and it came out as a circle!" I laugh along.

"I hate these cookies" she eats one with a fake frown.

I shrug and grab one. "They're really fucking good though"

"They are" she nods and turns up the volume on the tv. "I'm glad you came today, it was really fun! We need to hangout again tomorrow"

"It was..." I clench my jaw.

"What's wrong?" she lifts her head from my lap.

I shake my head. "Nothing, it's just, you wanna be friends with me?"

"Well of course!! Why wouldn't I?" she chuckles, resting her head back down.

I sigh. "I overheard your friends once"

"What?" she sits up.

"Saying how I'm that mysterious kid nobody wants to-"

"Oh they were joking! I swear! I've known them since pre-k, they would never make fun of you! You're really cool!" she smiles.

"I j-"

"Hey guys!" two dudes walk in, causing me to stand up and then to look at me.

"Is this the dude from the shop?" a dude asks.

"Yes! This is Wesley, and Wesley, these are my best friends! Lorenzo and Parker" she points at each.

"Hey!" they both smile.

"H-hey" I nervously return the smile.

"Don't be nervous! These dudes are five foot ten. You're six foot five! You could easily beat their asses!" Aaliyah laughs, nudging me.

I look at her then the guys.

"Way to diss us!" Lorenzo smacks Aaliyah.

"We were promised to never talk about our heights!" Parker huffs.

I clench my jaw and shift my weight. "I-I'm gonna h-h-head home. My dad i-is probably w-w-waiting"

"Okay! Text me!" Aaliyah hugs me and smiles.

I return the smile, looking down at her.

She's so gorgeous...

Way out of my league

**

I pull off my jackets that caused me to have a heat stroke. Looking in the mirror, I look at my little scar on my side.