Valentina

Aaliyah

"Be careful"

"Wes"

"You're gonna miss the step" he holds onto my waist.

"Wes!" I laugh. "I'm okay!"

"With our child in your stomach, I'm not risking anything" he guides me down the steps. "Especially since she's almost here!"

Yeah, we're having a baby girl! Oh he was so excited to hear that! We both were!

He already has her name picked out!

Valentina Rose Archer.

I picked the middle, he chose her first name.

"I know, but I'm mobile" I laugh.

We make the last step.

"Okay okay. Still" he walks into the kitchen. "Want ice cream?"

"Please" I sit down and run my fingers through my hair.

He smiles and scoops the ice cream he left out to defrost. "When do you think she'll be here?" he hands me a bowl.

"Thank you,  love" I kiss his forehead once he sits down next to me. "And hopefully soon" I start to eat.

"I hope so too! I can't wait to see what our baby girl looks like!" he takes my hand as I try to eat my ice cream.

He's been so clingy lately and so touchy, don't get me wrong, I love it. I love him. But sometimes I wanna use two hands.

"Getting get her looks from her daddy" I take my hand back with a smile.

"I love you" he showers my face with kisses.

We talk for a few more minutes before I stand up to put my bowl in the sink.

And as soon as I stand up, my water breaks.

"Fuck fuck fuck" I drop the bowl.

"Your water broke?!" Wes stands up. "Babe! Okay okay, stay calm, be as calm as you can be!!" he stresses.

This is gonna be one long car ride.

**

"You got this!" the nurse encourages.

I scream and I push my hardest.

"You're doing so good, baby!" Wes squeezes my hand and wipes my forehead with a wet wash cloth.

I cry from the pain, but all of the encouragement and support, I give my best and there she is after many pushes.

Crying.

The lullaby that goes off every time a baby is born starts playing.

"SHE'S HERE!" Parker and Lorenzo run in.

The nurses immediately clean her up, measure and weigh her, then give her her shots.

"Babe" Wes nudges me, but my eyes remain shut as I pant. "Babe, can I hold her?"

I look at him. "Of course you can"

I turn to see our little girl all wrapped up.

My tired eyes begin to water and Wes gently grabs Valentina from the nurses arms.

"I can't believe this" Wes starts to cry as he holds his little girl. "She's so beautiful! She looks just like you, A!" he turns to me with the biggest smile.

"Oh Wes" I look at her in awe.

Wes kisses her forehead before placing her in my arms.

I let my tears loose. "You're so perfect. You have your daddy's hair and nose"

Wes sits next to my bed and I turn to him.

"I'm so fucking proud of you" he showers my face with kisses. "Nine months carrying our child and this long labor. She's so fucking beautiful and I've never been so in love with anyone else rather than you. I promise to be the best daddy ever! I can't wait to raise our little girl together"

I kiss him. "You're gonna make me cry more" I cry laugh, making him smile.

I look down at Valentina and smile widely as I begin to think about the further for this little girl.

**

"Please?" Lorenzo begs his girlfriend.

"Not right now!" Katelyn pushes him into the couch, laughing.

I chuckle and sit down next to Wes. "Tired?" I rub his back.

"Yeah... I'm exhausted" he rubs his thumb across Valentina's forehead.

"Go get some sleep, it's time to put Valentina down too" I kiss his temple.

"Okay... I'll put her down" he stands up, holding his daughter and walking to the nursery.

Parker skateboards across our living room. "Skrt skrt"

"Can you not?" I smack my forehead.

"You're gonna-"

Parker slams into the glass door.

"Ow"

"Didn't even have time to finish my sentence that you were gonna eat it" Lorenzo laughs.

"You're so stupid" Katelyn catches Parker's skateboard.

"Hey now, you're irrelevant" Parker squints at Katelyn.

"You're so immature" Katelyn rolls her eyes.

As they argue, I stand up and walk into the nursery to see Wes hovering over the crib. "And you'll take on the world! And mommy and daddy will be right i your corner bring your biggest supporters! You're so beautiful... you look just like mommy! I know I tell you that every night, but I just want you to know that you and mommy are the most beautiful girls I've ever laid eyes on. You're gonna go so far in life. But I'll be picky in your boyfriends! I want you to be happy!" he smiles. "I'll let you sleep instead of hearing me rambling on. I love you, pretty girl" he stands up and I wrap my arms around him from behind.

"I love you, Wes. Do you know how fucking perfect you are?" I rest my head on his back.

He turns around and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. "Everything I do is for you and now Valentina. Thank you for giving me this cutest little soul. I love you both so much"

"I love you and our little girl" I kiss him. "She's so blessed to have you as a father"

"And she's blessed to have you as her mom! She's so lucky in general to have Lorenzo and Parker as her uncles, your mom as her grandma, and Tanner as her grandpa. She's surrounded with such positivity and laughter and smiles. She's so lucky" he kisses my forehead.

I rest my head on his chest and look at the crib.

For years I've grown with Wes, helping him develop as a person.

And now he's a father.

I'm so incredibly proud of my boy.

Valentina is most lucky to have him.

Everyone needs a Wesley in their life.