I. The Cringe

Ever since he started his internship with Sir Nighteye, Mirio has gotten his quirk under control. All to the point where you're trying to avoid him since you scare easily.

It's a Wednesday and this is the longest-ass chapter I've written. (4 pages I think)

With your goal set in stone, you are determined to get through today without causing too much of a scene. 'You've got this,' you think to yourself, both hands firmly grasping the shoulder straps of your backpack as you begin to power walk down the corridor of U.A. in a timely manner. 'You just finished your second class already... four more to go...' "Hey, hey, [F/n]!" A familiar voice calls out to you from the classroom you have exited, "[F/n]! Hey, [F/n]! Are you listening?" but you ignore it, brushing it off like it hasn't any importance.

On a typical day, you'd respond the moment Nejire opens her mouth. However, today isn't a typical day; today is a tutoring day with three students, two of which you have never met before. The idea of tutoring three underclass students in one session daunts on you, amplifying your anxiety to the maximum. "It's all right, [f/n]," you say softly, taking deep breaths to calm your racing heart. "This is just another hurdle in the day, no biggie." Unlike Tamaki who brings himself lower after having one negative thought about himself, you try to bring yourself up, something you have been working on since you met Nejire. "Nothing will get in your way today." Or so you thought...

Keeping pace with you, Nejire calls out to you once more, despite knowing the answer. "Hey, why are you walking so fast?" You glance back at your bubbly friend who has caught up to you at this point. ''You've got this' my ass...' "You know this'll only rouse Togata, right?" Her wide, blue eyes stare at you full of anticipation for your reply. "Hey, [f/n], hey! Did you hear me?" Great. Hurdle number two has been brought up. As much as you love the rambunctious, permeable blonde that sits behind you in every class, Mirio contributes to your ongoing trepidation of life, though not by a lot. Perhaps it is due to his permeability and getting naked that sets you off. Yep, that sounds about right. But that isn't the reason for avoiding him...

With a sigh you slow your pace down, grabbing the fabric of her shirt sleeve to pull her aside and towards the windows. The moment the two of you come into contact with natural light a dissatisfied 'tsk' escapes your mouth, sending you toward the safety of the shade that the wall between the windows provides. "Natural light... my worst enemy..." you say with a scowl. Nejire can't help but snicker at your predicament. "Anyway," you begin, bringing your attention back to the topic at hand. "You're right. I can't continue to avoid the two of them." You pause for a brief second, taking the time to glance over toward the classroom door. Nejire cocks her head to the side, curiosity filling her entirety at what you may do next. "But in the end, it's my choice whether I want to tell them or not."

"Soooo, you haven't told him yet? Hey, hey, [f/n] why haven't you told Togata yet? Are you afraid he'll become depressed or something?" 'Depressed or something...?' Those words hit you hard like a punch to the gut from All Might. That is the last thing you want for Mirio. Although Nejire's expression seems to be relax, yours says otherwise. [E/c] eyes stare at the reflection of your piteous appearance through her big, blue eyes. To say the least, the expression that you hold does not seem that pitiful to you. A slight crinkle embeds itself between the blue brows on Nejire's face causing the feeling of shame to kick in for what you are about to say next.

"That's contentious and you know that! The boy's zealous; even overzealous at times. There's no way in hell he'll go down because of this." A trifling pit stemming at the base of your throat says otherwise. You swallow it down, committing to your resolve of keeping this a secret. "As boisterous as he is he wouldn't let something trivial like this get to him... right?" The last word comes out as a plea rather than a question. Although you don't want to believe it, losing a friend is rather distressing, especially since you don't have many. The lump in your throat returns once more with vengeance. Stifling sensation begins to kick in as you wait for Nejire's reply.