II.

I don't know why but this is sort of a dark chapter. Also super rusty

12:02pm

"I regret everything," you say with utmost disappointment in your tone. Dirt and dust cover your school uniform, leaving a noticeable dark stain from the hems of your green skirt to the collars of your coat and shirt. All you can do now is sigh as you walk toward the crowded vicinity that is the lunchroom.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have laid on the floor for three minutes."

The unexpected comment coming from Tamaki has you staring at him like he's an anomaly. It's only a matter of seconds before a witty response escapes you mouth. "How else do I show my innermost emotions after being squeezed to the point of becoming limp?" you tease, playfully smacking the back of his shoulder. "Especially since you're the reason why I do this stuff." The boy lets out a tense sigh, his head hanging low in remembrance of the sanity he once had. There's no point in reasoning with you.

"Why is he the reason you do 'this'?" Nejire, at the very least, is dumbfounded by that statement. "Woah woah woah, hold on a second. Is there something you two hiding from me?" The idea of that doesn't seem so absurd until realization hits that you rarely hang out with anyone, let alone Tamaki here. "So, what is it?" she asks with utmost curiosity shimmering in her eyes for not having known that someone as disciplined as [f/n] would do something so... covertly, especially behind her bestie's back.

"Unbeknownst to you, Tamaki and I are besties." Tamaki tenses up both the mention of his name and from the arm that snakes its way around his neck. "Actually, it's me trying to cheer the boy up with my presence alone. Right, Tamaki?"

"I didn't really have a choice... [F/n] showed up at my front door and when I opened it, she walked in." The memory of how uncomfortable he was when you trudged through his front door unexpected, demanding that he celebrated national doughnut day with you makes you grin like an idiot. At the time, both Mirio and Nejire were at their internships while you were taking a quick break from studying. "She likes to drop by my house three times a week... twice if I'm lucky."

Nejire pouts, "No waaaay! [F/n]!!! I can't believe you! And you!" Tamaki shifts a bit, beyond uncomfortable. "I can't believe you never told me about that!"

You laugh, walking ahead of the two with eyes glued on the prize: lunch. "Sometimes I need to be in the company of someone who's silent and not high spirited like you and Mirio. Anyway, what were the two of you talking about that had Tamaki quiet you down, Nejire?"

"Oh, nothing," her lie seems rather dry and meaningless to you since you know how Nejire works. If she doesn't want to tell you something, she just avoids the topic. All you can say in response is "ah, I see."

As the three of you approach the counter of Chef-Rush, your mind wanders to more important things: Mirio. It had occurred months ago that not telling him will lead to unpleasant hurdles, like this, but you hadn't anticipated the amount of guilt that would erupt from it. Even now you're shocked by the immense guilt and shame that banters you every time you see him, let alone think about him... Nonetheless, you push it all aside, leaving nothing but the facts to support that the path you've taken was and still is correct. However, it's only a matter of time before the truth gets out.

12:05pm

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now he isn't sure. The idea of tying her shoelaces to her chair seems harmless, right? Wrong. What if she trips or worse? "Ahh, what to do...?" wonders Mirio who scours the vicinity for a certain table from under one of the lunchroom's staircases. It doesn't take long when blue orbs land on an empty table located to the far left of the lunchroom with backpacks occupying each seat with no owner nearby. Perhaps he could start there. Just a small prank on [F/n] involving her backpack. But what exactly can he do from there? Mirio taps his finger against the pillar he's hiding behind. There has to be something he can do that does not result in him being spotted. Fortunately for him, the wait for a new idea doesn't take long.