Coming Home From War

Today is the day that you go home to your boyfriend Nic and your friends. You then call your boyfriend of a year and a bit Nicholas William Hamilton.

Y/N: Hi baby.

Nic: Hi babe.

Y/N: I have a surprise for you.

Nic: Huh?

Y/N: I'm coming home today.

Nic: What? No way your coming home today?

Y/N: Yep.

Nic: I'm so happy.

Y/N: Me too.

Nic: Well I'll see you in a few hours gorgeous I love you.

Y/N: I love you too Nic.

You then get ready and head to the airport. When you get there your thanked for your service and you then get on your plane and head back to your home in Santa Monica. You were tired so you listened to a podcast that Nic was in and you listened to that the whole flight. You had woken up a little bit before you were set to land and you buckled your seat belt and you had gotten everything ready. You texted Nic your gate number and waited until you got your bags to see him. When you got your bags you held onto your dog tags and started walking towards him.

You didn't see him right away because you were moving in between the crowd of people and then you saw a sign and started walking towards the sign. You then once you got closer you saw that all of your friends and his family were there filming you but that didn't matter to you. Nic was also filming you but when you saw him you couldn't hold in your tears any longer. You started to cry and you ran towards him. When you felt his arms wrap around your waist you just cried. You then pulled away from him and looked at him.

Y/N: I'm home.

Nic: I know you are I'm glad your home.

Y/N: You guys what are you doing here?

Nic: They came to surprise you babe.

Y/N: Well I'm glad your here.

Logan: Well how about we all go celebrate your safe return with dinner how does that sound?

You all agreed and you guys went your separate ways to get ready for the dinner later tonight. You and Nic walked back to his car with your bags that he was carrying while you carried the sign that me made for you. You helped him put the stuff in the trunk of his car and you turned to him with one of your dog tags in your hand.

Nic: Baby what are you doing?

Y/N: Well I'm giving you one of my dog tags as a symbol that since I will not be touring anymore or fighting for our country I wanted to give you this as a sign that I love you and I appreciate you waiting on me.

Nic: Baby I couldn't take that from you.

Y/N: But I'm giving it to you please take it baby it would mean a lot to me if you had that.

Nic: Ok.

You put it around his neck and smiled at him.

Y/N: Looks better on you than me.

You both laughed and then you he drove you guys to your shared apartment. When you got to his home you heard whimpering from Nala and as soon as he opened the door she was on you in an instant. You had birthday and Christmas presents waiting for you. Once you comforted Nala and she was asleep you laid her in her bed with your army jacket as a cover and you left her alone. Then you felt hands wrap around your waist from behind.

Nic: Baby come open your presents in our room Nala will be fine.

Y/N: Ok.

You followed him to your shared room and you starred at all of the presents waiting for you to open them. You got loads of things like clothes and shoes and just stuff that you just normally wouldn't see yourself having that was until he handed you one last bag.

Y/N: Nic?

Nic: Just open it.

You opened the bag to see a beautiful dress and shoes along with a card.

Y/N's Dress:

Y/N's Shoes:

Nic: Read the card

Nic: Read the card.

The Card: Y/N thank you for serving our country and helping take care of the wounded and I love you so much I'm so glad that your home safe and you have a special surprise after dinner. Xoxo Nic.

You looked at him and smiled at him while also trying not to cry.

Y/N: Nic thank you for this I will always keep this close to me. I don't deserve this or you but I love you so much. What time is dinner?

Nic: We leave are 7:00pm.

Y/N: Ok. I'll be getting ready then.

By the time you got ready it was almost 7:00pm and so you guys met up with everyone else at the place all of you guys were gonna have dinner. When the dinner was over you were talking with his parents when they were called over to him as well as his friends. You were on your phone and you called your parents.

Mom: Y/N?

Y/N: I'm home mom.

Mom: How long for?

Y/N: Well when I signed up I only signed for a year.

Mom: Well good for you.

Nic: Baby come on we have to go!

Y/N: Gotta go mom bye.

You hung up before she could say bye and you went over to where everyone was. You guys got in your cars and they followed you and Nic to your very very special spot. Which you still don't know is the spot where he's going to propose. When you got to the spot it was beautifully lit up. You were speechless.

Y/N: Nic what's all this for?

Nic: Well I have a surprise for you.

Y/N: What is it?

You saw him get down on one knee.

Nic: Y/N when I met you a year ago I thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world and when you said you would be my girlfriend that had made everything better. Then you said you were going to fight for our country and that just made you even more special to me and so I brought you here today in front of our friends and family and now that your home for good to do this.

*Opens a blue velvet ring box*

Nic: Y/F/N, Y/M/N, Y/L/N will you do the honors of making me the happiest man in the world and be my wife?

Y/N: Yes!

He smiled put the ring on your finger and you shared a kiss. Everyone came over to you and they all took pics of Nic holding you while you were showing off your ring to the cameras. You guys planned a celebration when you guys were back In Australia and you and Nic went home. You both fell asleep with smiles on both of your faces.