Ashely-1

Her family was constantly moving, it was one of the perks of being a military brat, but this time her parents confirmed that this was the last time they were moving.  She never questioned it and was used to it.  It did suck that she had to leave her first year of high school in the middle of the year, but she was happy she did.  If the family never moved she would not have met Meredith.

Meredith was the best thing that had ever happened to Ashely.

"Okay, so the trick to this game is to make sure that little spot there, the yellow dot mets the yellow peg.  If you hit the button at that exact moment you can hit the jackpot and get that 5,000 tickets," Ashely said as she hit the button missing the jackpot.

"I thought you were supposed to get the jackpot, but I guess five tickets is better than five thousand tickets," Meredith said sarcastically.

"Well, we can get five gummy bear packets with those five tickets.  I mean, I would have loved 5,000.  But I guess we all can't be winners."

"No, no, no.  Let me try." Meredith swipes the arcade card and positions herself.  "Okay, so yellow dot mets the yellow peg?"

"Yeah, but it didn't work last time, the internet lied to me."

"How dare it lie, who would do such a horrible thing."

"I know right!"

Lights and sound blared from the machine, "JACKPOT MADE!"  Meredith turned around with a smirk at Ashely, "I guess we can have 5,000 gummy bear packets now."

"Yeah, she's having a hard time picking out a dress," Ashely said as she sat on the bed.

"I don't blame the poor thing, it is a big day.  What is she thinking about?," Ashely's mother responded. 

"She is thinking ballgown-,"

"No!  I do not see Meredith liking ballgown.  I think she likes the idea of it, but she wouldn't like the mobility of one.  Maybe a mermaid would be better if she likes the fluff?"

"Yeah, that is what she was thinking too."

"Good, great minds think a like.  Maybe she can wear my old wedding dress?  All that thing is doing is getting dusty, plus I want to pass down the dress to my daughter, but you don't like dresses.  Man, I remember I used to force you to wear dresses to church.  You must have hated me."

"Wait, you want us to have your old wedding dress?"

"Yeah."

"But isn't it sentimental or something?  What if we ruin it?"

"It is getting dusty and taking up space in my closet."

"But, I will feel bad."

"Don't.  I want to pass my wedding dress on to my daughter.  Meredith is my daughter in law, so she can wear it.  Do you want me to send you a picture?"

"I mean-"

It was too late Ashely's mother already sent a picture into a group chat with Meredith included.  Meredith responded, "It's pretty.  Kinda what I had in mind."

"Well, I guess we will be taking the dress," Ashely said with a laugh.