Ashely-2

For a brief moment in time, Ashely froze.  That was all she could do during that moment of terror.  The screams of the guests started to overpower her and all her mind could focus on was Meredith.  She turned her head over towards Meredith.  How was she going to run in that dress?  Her heart skipped beating realizing that they had to go.  This was not a prank.  The makeup artist now stood up with groans and dead eyes.  Eyes that Ashely could only describe as hungry as it darted towards Meredith, who in turn began to run towards Ashely, still on the aisle.  Ashely knew that their wedding would not be happening today as she ran towards Meredith.

Their hands met as the two turned and began to run.  That was all they could do.  Meredith kept tripping as she ran, but Ashely would pull her up each time and the two would continue. "Go to the car," Meredith screamed, her guidance helping.  As there were more people chasing them.  Ashely recognized some.  One was her cousin, one of the cousins one is not close to and only knows them by name.  Her mother insisted on inviting them to the wedding, so she did.  The screams of other people began to grow louder and the groans the undead made where there too.  She noticed that Meredith began to hop on one foot as she threw her shoes off.  Ashely wondered why she didn't do that earlier but didn't question it.  They had to keep moving.  They had to.

The perfect wedding was not going to happen.  Everyone knew that and that hurt both Ashely and Meredith.  But they kept running until they reached their car and drove off.  Watching as their loved ones ran towards their cars, but not all making it.  Meredith and Ashely were the lucky ones.  Both cried as Ashely drove the car into the new world surrounded by hungry human-eating monsters.