Fathers Day

Streamers and balloons hung from the cieling, all of them varrying in bright cheerful colors. To his classmates, today was a joyous occasion to appreciate their fathers, but to Peter, it was like any other day. It was just a little bit sadder than others.

Aunt May offered for Peter to stay home from school, but he refused becuase he had already missed enough class as it was.

"Hey Peter!" Ned waved him down.

"Hey Ned. Good morning Mr. Leeds."

"Good morning Peter."

Maybe he should have stayed home after all.

Midtown high had a thing for showing off, so it took every opertunity the school could to invite parents to the campus to see their kids progress. Uncle Ben had always been the one who took his fathers place, but he didnt have Uncle Ben anymore.

"You okay Pete?" Ned asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Peter forced a smile and Ned raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Hey losers." A familiar voice called out.

MJ walked up to the duo, her book, strangely, tucked away in her bag. Usually she would have her nose stuck between the pages or at least have the book tucked under her arm. Peter sighed. If MJ was paying attention to them then he knew that she meant business.

The bell rang and the students filtered into their respected classrooms, dragging their fathers with them. Peter sat at his desk and eyed the parents that sat in the back of the classroom waiting patiently for their turn to speak.

You see, for fathers day, the students will spend the first half of the day in their homeroom class and listen to the fathers talk about their carreers, then their kid would take their turn and read the paper that they wrote on their fathers. Like why they were special, how much the love them, yadda yadda...

Peter tried to write his paper on Uncle Ben the night before, but everytime he tied, the paper would be soaked with tears in just a few seconds. May had heard his cries and immediatly ran to comfort him. The poor boy had cried himself to sleep.

Little did he know that Aunt May made a call.

Flash Thompson was going on and on about how incredible his father was and whenever his eyes met Peter's downcast expression, he would smirk knowing that he had something that the genious Spider-kid didnt. Miss Pearson sighed and checked his name off of the list of students.

"Alright, next up is Peter Par-" She cut herself off as if remembering that he poor boy had practically begged her on his knees to not make him present to the class. She took pitty on him and said that he didnt have to.

Meanwhile, a middle aged gentleman dressed in a fine suit peaked in through the windw at Peter. The look of pure sadness on his spider-sons face was enough to make his heart ache in a way that only Peter could do.

He knocked on the door and stepped into the now silent classroom. All eyes were on him but none of them were as wide as Peter's. The teen shot up from his seat, the chair crashing to the floor. Tears prickled the corners of his brown eyes and he at the man in utter disbelief.

"M-Mister Stark?" Peter stuttered.

"Hey kiddo!" Tony stood beside Peter and pat his shoulder affectionatly.

"What are you doing here?'

"Your aunt called me last night and your friends have been blowing up my phone all morning." Peter glared at Ned and MJ who both wore sheepish smiles. "Why didnt you tell me kid?"