The Darkness Beneath

Derek's P.O.V

" Peter!" I  growled back at him as he emerged out of the shadows where he should have stayed. He stood in front of the house looking at the burnt walls and broken windows. 

" You know, I miss them all too," he said. I listened to his heartbeat hearing it that it spoke the truth. There was a piece of nostalgia in his behavior and it brought me back to a time I missed so much with my shattered heart.

" Why do you act all nice now?" I asked, not wanting to ruin the only good moment I have had with my uncle in years, but I need answers. He looked at me with a saddened smile as he walked over to me. 

" For years, I have been thinking of nothing but that night, and I have finally done something about it," he said making shivers down my spine.

" You killed her?" I asked. I know my uncle, he loved our family to the extremes, he would go lengths no one would. I know what he has done about it, he has killed the woman who took all his family, Kate, My ex-girlfriend. She used me to get to my family and burn them alive like animals. 

" I had to, I had nothing more to lose," he said with grief in his voice. I don't blame him for anything, I know that all these years have really fucked him up. 

" What about Lydia martin?" I asked knowing well it was he who did it.

" I saw a young girl who needed something in life, but she was immune to the bite," he said, again speaking the truth, even though I have never heard about anyone being immune to the bite. 

" Then what about those other murders?" I asked referring to all the murders that happened some weeks ago. They were believed to be 'animal attacks' but all it looked like was a werewolf attack.

" At first as Alpha, I didn't have control over the power, I wasn't supposed to have this power, I regret killing them, so much" I could hear, and smell, the regret he was radiating. I have never seen him like this before, even when he was sane.

" And what about Scott, why did you give him the bite?" I asked the question there had been irritating me like hell. He looks at me smiling, a smile I haven't seen for what seems like forever, a Real smile.

" I wanted you to start a new pack, rebuild the old and bring in some new, you have already done it, even found a spark," he said giving me a little wink, I could feel my face get red as I gave him a punch on his shoulder, not hard of course. 

" Don't worry nephew, he obviously likes you too, your parents would have been so proud of you," he said making a tear appear in the corner of my eyes, I have never stopped up to think how much I missed my parents, of course, I felt sad after their death but never have I stopped feeling anger, anger blinds, it confuses me. 

" Now I'm gonna do what they wanted, make you the next Alpha of the Hale pack." He took my hand digging his claws into my arm drawing out blood and my own claws that he jagged into his own arm. I could feel the power stream through my body, it was like a rising heat, only expanding. I looked at my uncle to see his blood-red eyes fade into electric blue. After some time he released his grip around my arms and my wound already started to heal.

" What are you gonna do now?" I asked, out of breath from him giving me the Alpha power. He looked at me with a smile there screamed mischief.

" I'm going to las vegas, making the most out of the rest of my life, by the way, I would look close after that Spark of yours, sparks are easily open for supernatural attacks from every being," he said looking me deeply in the eyes. what does he mean? What's wrong with Stiles?

" go home to your pack Derek, they need you," he said as he once again disappeared into the woods. I smiled, I'm happy that there still is a part of my uncle there still has sympathy.