Lost

Gerard's POV

I slowly lifted my head to find a blurry, dark room with only a single overhead lantern for lighting. As I regained consciousness I realized my arms and legs were bound to a rusted, metal chair. A tidal wave of pain from my head pulsated throughout my body and made me groan. 

Where the hell am I?

How long have I been here?

My lips were chapped and my mouth was bitter with the metallic taste of blood. With the little strength I had, I pulled against the rope tied around my wrists. It was no use. Whoever did this had certainly had practice tieing people up before. I barely had enough strength to keep my head up. Looking down at my shirt I noticed the front was completely coated with blood. Certainly, I couldn't have bled that much from a mere head injury? 

A click came from across the room. The door creaked as it slowly opened. My head hung low; partially because of my exhaustion, and partially because I didn't want to meet the eyes of whoever would do something like this. I closed my eyes, maybe they would believe I was asleep.

Creak...

A footstep.

Creak...

A second, louder step.

Creak... 

A third step.

With every step the stranger took across the weathered, wooden floor, my heartbeat accelerated and grew louder. 

Soon I felt the presence of my captor in front of me, but I dared not open my eyes. Could they hear how loud my heart was beating?

I waited. I waited and waited. I heard no sound for what seemed like an hour. Had I simply imagined someone entering the room? If it was real, they must have left. 

With my head still hanging low, I opened my eyes. 

I gasped and every muscle in my body jolted, throwing my chair an inch backward.

Sitting cross-legged, less than a foot in front of me, was a man. His head was tilted to the side and he smirked as he saw my fright. He was thin and pale with dark brown hair and piercing green eyes. He looked to be around 30 to 40 years old. He appeared unarmed.

My mouth hung open. I couldn't decide whether to shout or to question who he was. 

"There, there, calm down," the man said. He stood up and casually brushed the dirt off his pants. He looked up at me and crossed his arms. "Why do you look so shocked? I didn't think my face was that terrifying to wake up to." I stayed silent. He rolled his eyes, "maybe that's why my ex-girlfriend left me." 

I let out a fearful laugh of pity, my eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

The man pulled out a knife and flipped it in his hand.

 "Just kidding! I killed her!" He laughed. 

His smile faded as my phone began ringing in my pocket.

"Hmm, I thought I took that from you already."

The man walked to me and took my phone out of my pocket.

"Oh, how interesting." He said as he read the caller ID.  "Care to tell me who 'y/n' is?" He said waving the phone in his hand. 

I stayed silent. Whoever this creep was I didn't want him knowing anything about y/n.

"Fine, be that way. I already know everything about you anyways, Gerard Arthur Way."

He pressed the green button and put the phone on speaker. "Helllllooooo!" He said in an annoying, sing-song voice, "this is your boyfriend's captor speaking how may I help you?"

"I'm sorry what," I heard y/n's voice say over the phone. 

"Oh, you haven't noticed yet? He's been missing for three days!" 

He put his hand over the microphone and whispered to me with a concerned look, "That's a real red flag, sweetie."

Y/n didn't say anything. 

"Bet you feel bad don't you? Anyways, thanks for calling. For a status report, I think he's kinda hungry. You know I heard that one sushi place in Belleville is really good maybe you could like pick some up and stop by!" He said smiling. 

"Who the hell are you and where is Gerard?" Y/n shouted over the phone.

The man drew back from the phone, surprised. 

"God, she's moody too!" He mouthed to me.

"Well, if you really want to know. He's in the basement of the abandoned warehouse on Montgomery Lane. Oh and I almost forgot! Say hi Gerard!" 

He stepped towards me and motioned for me to speak.

"Y/n."

I realized how hoarse my voice was. 

"Don't...don't come here."

That was all I could manage to say.

The phone hung up. I only hoped she would listen to me. The man casually threw my phone against the concrete wall to my left so that it smashed into pieces. He took down the lantern and walked towards the door.

"Night night!" He said cheerfully and slammed the door shut.

The room was pitch black.

I was alone.