helpless

Y/N's POV

I put my phone down on my bed. 

What am I supposed to do?

I can't just go to that address on my own, who knows what kind of force I'd be dealing with. 

I pondered calling the police but decided against it. The second Gerard's captor heard the sirens I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to harm him.

I was home alone since my dad had just left for his business trip a few days ago. I could just slip out and go to the address quietly and see how dangerous the situation was. At this point, I didn't feel like I had a choice. I had to do something. I cared about Gerard and I needed to help him. 

I grabbed my coat and headed down to my father's room. I kneeled down to his gun safe, typed in the code I wasn't supposed to know, then grabbed my father's Glock and put it in my backpack. ( author's note: not proper gun safety don't do this if your boyfriend gets kidnapped lol)

I locked my front door and headed downtown to the warehouse I had been told about over the phone. I was going to find Gerard, no matter what it took.

Gerard's POV

The rusty door once again opened. 

"Hello again!" The man said with a wide grin. 

I stared at him, all the hate I felt towards him was surely apparent in my countenance.

"I just wanted to tell you I need to go. I'll be back in a little while." 

"Where are you going?" I asked, only because I wanted to know how long I had to try to find my way out of here, not because I cared.

"The abandoned warehouse on Montgomery Lane." He smirked. 

My chest felt tight. It was a trap. 

This isn't about me..he wanted y/n. 

I pulled against my restraints harder than I ever had before.

"Don't you dare hurt her!" I yelled with both fury and desperation echoing out in my voice. 

He shut the door.

For the first time in my life... I felt truly helpless. 

Y/N's POV

I walked down an alley to the backside of the warehouse and looked up at the nearest window. Directly above a dumpster was a shattered window that I guessed had been broken by gunfire due to the bullet-shaped dents around the window's frame. 

If I wasn't sure before that I shouldn't be here, that definitely confirmed it. 

Regardless, I pulled myself up on the dumpster and squeezed through the window.

 I knew there was no going back at this point.

Somehow the inside of the warehouse was colder than the winter air outside. I crossed my arms and shivered. The large room was slightly illuminated by the large horizontal windows lining the top of each wall. The light poured in in beams that made the thousands of particles of dust floating around almost look like the snow falling outside. I took a deep breath and looked around myself, scanning for a ladder or a staircase or something, anything.  

I slowly stepped forward, looking side to side as I crossed the room. I heard a snap. I turned sharply behind me. At this point, my heart was racing as fast as my thoughts. 

Did I just imagine that?

I switched my backpack to one shoulder and took out the handgun. 

I walked farther into the warehouse. In the back, right corner of the large room was a white sheet draped over what appeared to be a large cardboard box. I walked up to the sheet and ran my hand along it. Everything in this room was caked in dust, except for this sheet. I pulled it off and pushed the cardboard box away with my foot. Below it was an outlined square cut out of the floor with a handle on it, a trapdoor. I looked behind me and quickly opened the door. I climbed down the short ladder to what appeared to be a hallway. Illuminating the room,  a single, lit candle rested on a wooden table about midway down the hallway. I pointed my weapon with both hands and slowly began walking down the hallway. The hall continued for so long that the lone candle could not fully illuminate the end. Soon I found that the end of the hallway was nothing but a rusty, wooden door with a brass doorknob. I lowered my weapon and reached for the doorknob. It was locked.

"Why hello!" I heard a voice say cheerfully behind me. It was undoubtedly the voice I heard over the phone.

I turned around and pointed the gun.

My eyes widened.

"Dad?!"