In the Beginning

Theo scratches something out on a piece of paper, not wanting to pay attention to whatever the teacher had been preaching about, it was always the same speech with a different story each time anyways, "The queen has saved us all from danger, she is our savior, she protects us all" and he was sick of it, everyone knew the queen was the cause of their suffering in the lower classes, including his teacher, but nobody dared to speak out of line. That was just how it was, speak out of line, get killed, break even the smallest rule, public punishment which could be death or embarrassment, and Theo couldn't decide which was worse. Eventually class was over, everyone quickly packed up and left as if they were never there. Theo quietly walked out of the room last, wanting to stay out of everyone's way, "stay hidden, stay safe..." The words from the Shamen rung loudly in his head. He heard cackling and hurried footsteps behind him as he walked through the hallway, he turned to see two larger two horned dragonets, maybe a year older than him, both sneering at him. "Hey three horn! Get over here! We want to show you a new move we learned!" they cooed, and laughed. Of course they used the social class to force him to follow "orders". The less horn sets a skeletal has, the higher the social class, and lower classes must follow the orders of the older class. Theo begrudgingly agreed, after all he didnt need to break a rule unnecessarily. He walked over slowly, only to be thrown against the wall by the larger males, his side aching as he tumbled to the ground, causing the two to chuckle. Theo just got up, he was used to it anyways, but was thrown again instead of being allowed to walk away, this time the same outcome, but a small clattering followed after his tumble, and something new fill the two dragons eyes as they quickly backed away. "HE'S A 1 HORN!" one shouted loud, reflecting this new feeling into Theo, something he hadn't experienced in a long time... Fear. "RUN!" the other shouted as the two attackers scrambled away and Theo quickly grabbed the fake horns that had been knocked off, and looked for the nearest empty room to quickly place them back on his head before quickly flying home, where guards were already knocking at the door.

"If they ever come looking for you, run to the border as fast as you can, the rebels will keep you safe, do whatever you must to save us all son" his parents warnings and sayings echoed in his skull as he flew off Northwest as fast as he could, his wings beating matched his racing heart as the wind whipped against his face. He was too afraid to look behind him incase someone followed, and he just kept beating his wings faster and harder, fear keeping his bones from giving in to fatigue.

Hours into his flight he saw the edge of boneland in the distance, and he kept going, speeding up his pace as he flew, not noticing his slow descent in the process. His wings threatening to close as he neared his destination before slamming into the soft earth, sliding across the ground and building a large mound of dirt behind him as he faded out of consciousness.