Beckett and Marriage

Andromeda's POV

Someone saw our signal the next day and we're taken back to Port Royal. James filled in his name on the letters of marque. He also told me he has the heart of Davy Jones. I was not thrilled with him to be carrying a living heart. But if it means we won't be thrown into jail and can be together. I'm fine with that.

We arrived in Port Royal and are taken to my father's old office where Beckett is. Mr Mercer goes in first with the letters of Marque. "I took the liberty of filling in my name" James states and Beckett looks up. He beckons us in.

"If you intend to claim these, then you must have something to trade. D'you have the compass?" he asks us.

"Better" I tell him as James takes out the pouch holding the heart of Davy Jones.

"The heart of Davy Jones" James states dropping it onto the table.

"Very well done Miss Swann, Admiral Norrington" Beckett says smiling as he stands up.

"Admiral?" we ask him.

"I think with you knew position, you need a promotion. So you are now Admiral James Norrington of the East India Trading Company" Beckett declares. "Now as for you Miss Swann" he says looking at me. James grabs my hand pulling me close.

"She is my fiance and we wish to marry as soon as possible" James tells him.

"I do enjoy weddings, I was at your sister's wedding" he tells me. "I will greet you a full pardon if you pledge your loyalty to the East India Trading Company with Admiral Norrington" he states.

"My loyalty if to my future husband, if he is loyal to you. Then I follow his lead, but if you threaten my sister. I won't hesitate to act unladylike" I tell him.

"Of course, I have nearly everything I desire. All I need is to end piracy and I have no need to hurt your sister or Mr Turner" he tells me. "I shall see that your wedding happens before the month ends. You both then may have your honeymoon, but then you'll have to start your new job straight away" he tells James.

"Of course Lord Beckett" James says bowing his head.

"I'm sure you both are tired and wish to clean up. You're old homes are still in your names, so you may go refresh yourselves" he tells us.

"I'll come over tonight" James tells me.

"Of course, father would love to have you for dinner" I tell him smiling.

"Ah yes Governor Swann, he will be returning to England after your wedding" Beckett tells me.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Just some political issues, nothing a young lady such as yourself should worry about. You should focus on your marriage" he tells me.

"It will be my responsibility in future as the future Governess of Port Royal. But I will focus on my wedding as I want it to be perfect. I can discuss politics with father after my honeymoon" I state. James and I left going to our separate homes. Father was so happy to see me and asked me how Elizabeth is doing. I told him I'd fill him in at dinner as I really wanted to clean up. He understood and I bathed, putting on a dress for dinner.

At Dinner James arrived in his new Admiral uniform and he looks great. We tell father of the approaching wedding and he's excited. He agrees to walk me down the aisle. The next day a sempstress came to take my measurements for my dress and my ideas for it.

(Three weeks later)

Beckett has taken control of Davy Jones and his ship because he has his heart. Anyway the wedding planning went great and today I will become Mrs Andromeda Norrington. I wish Will and Elizabeth could be here to see me. I absolutely love my dress, it's everything I dreamed it to be. Anyway father walks me down the aisle.

I don't know over half the people here. Beckett wanted to make a show of it, showing my loyalty to him and his company. I know he'd sent photos everywhere of James and I, announcing our union. I was furious about it, but I can't do anything about it. James and I hold hands as the priest speaks. "Andromeda Swann and James Norrington, have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"  he asks us.

"Yes" we answer together smiling at each other.

"Will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?" he asks.

"I will" we state honestly.

"Will you accept children lovingly from God, and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?" he asks us.

"I will" we answer again. It was time to do our vows and James is going first.

"I James Norrington, take you Andromeda Swann, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life" he vows to me.

"I Andromeda Swann, take you James Norrington, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the day of my life" I vow to him.

"By the power invested in me by god and the EITC, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride" the priest tells James. Who pulls me close and we kiss each other. We had a small reception before James and I left to spend our wedding night at our house. The next morning we left for Cuba, for our honeymoon. While father returned to England with Mr Mercer.

A/N

Picture above of Andromeda in her wedding dress and on the external link of James in his new Admiral uniform.

This is the last chapter until the new year, but I promise to continue the story in the new year.