A Kiss

"Young-do, we've been walking for over 15 minutes, are you sure you know the way that you're going?" I asked him, huffing a little bit. It had been a nonstop walk, mainly uphill, and after a very long day of school, I was not in the mood for a trek. "Stop complaining, we're almost there." I just groaned. He didn't let go of my hand for the whole 15 minutes that we were walking, which made me tired as well as flustered and nervous the whole time. But it felt nice too. As I was getting lost in my thoughts, I came crashing back down to reality as soon as I hit my face on the back of Young-do. "Ouch! Why'd you stop?" I whined. Young-do turned back to me. "From this point on, I need you to close your eyes. I raised an eyebrow. "Is this really going to enhance the experience?" I joked, crossing my arms. Young-do smirked. "Haha, very funny. I'll guide you, now come on and close them." 

I smiled at him and shut my eyes tightly. I waved my hands in front of me to feel for him and he grabbed my hands and gripped onto them tightly. "Okay, just listen to my voice and I'll do the rest." I nodded, the world of black darkness surrounding me. "Keep walking forward." I slowly started walking forward, hearing our footsteps on the pavement. "Now, turn right." I shifted my steps to the right and he kept guiding me the whole way. I found myself naturally gripping onto him tighter. "Easy, I'll get you there safely, newbie." I snorted. "Alright, keep walking and now turn left." I turned left and felt Young-do stop me. "Okay, now we're going uphill." I sighed. "Of course we are." He kept walking me up the hill rather slowly, until about a couple minutes later, we stopped. 

"Okay, hold on a second." His hands left my grip and I felt him turn me around. "Alright, open them." I opened my eyes to immediately feel them widening as I let out a gasp. We were up on a bridge looking down at a beautiful, sparkling river. The lights on all the buildings gleamed, illuminating the dark night. There were even sparkling fairy lights on the bridge, making it even more picturesque. It's like you had stepped inside a Seoul postcard. "It's beautiful." I breathed. I went close to the railing, putting my hands on it, as I took in the refreshing, cool air. Young-do came up next to me, resting his elbows on the railing. "I told you it would be better than the rooftop." I looked at him and smiled. "You were right." 

We both paused in that moment to just take everything in. "You feel a lot smaller when you look at the perspective of things. But at the same time, it makes you feel like you really matter." I said. Young-do gazed down at me. "You do matter." I met his eyes and felt my cheeks heat up. He was being incredibly sweet, and I have to say, I wasn't quite used to it. Not like this. "I-I do?" Was the first thing that came to mind. "Of course. You matter to me." He looked back at the sparkling river. "You're sort of the biggest thing in my life right now." I silently gasped. The biggest thing in his life? Over his family, his schoolwork, everything? That puts a lot of pressure on someone. "You can't mean that." I laughed, thinking it was so ludicrous. 

I curled my hands over the railing until I felt his hand on top of mine. I looked back at him to see that he was already staring at me. "I do. You have to believe me on that." The tone was so sincere and intense. I did believe him. And that really shocked me. "Young-do, I don't know what to say." I smiled. "You don't even know how much that means to me." I admitted. I looked down at our hands. Usually, Young-do would have pulled away by now. But he didn't this time. The only thing he did was take another step closer to me. "I haven't felt this way about anyone in a long time." He said. I felt my heart beat faster and faster. "I didn't think I would ever feel this way about someone again..." He exhaled, the coldness making his breath visible. "But I was wrong."

In any other circumstance, I would've probably backed away from him or asked him what was going on, but I didn't. I just stood there, taking in every single word he was saying to me. It all felt right. The moment, the words, him. Everything. "I didn't know I could feel like this either." I admitted. We just looked at each other, the water reflecting in his eyes. He seemed like a completely new person than from when I first met him. I couldn't believe the way that I felt about him now. The staring moment was broken when he leaned in closer and placed his lips on top of mine. In that moment, I knew, and I couldn't believe it.

I had fallen for my bodyguard.