Chapter Four (And A Half)

"So you wanted to tell me something?" Adrien asks. I almost want to frown, because he seems so relaxed, acting like we haven't already kissed like three times.

I sigh. "I just wanted to apologize, for everything, I'm so sorry that I was mean and-"

"Apologize for what?" Adrien says, frowning. I scowl at him, my hands on my hips.

"Seriously, Adrien? The past week has been one wrong kiss after another, and I had a decent part in mixing up our relationships-"

"Ladybug, what are you talking about?" He says, beginning to look really worried now.

Oh no, what if I got it wrong?

What if he isn't Chat Noir, what if I'm risking my identity, what if I-

The sudden realization makes my head spin.

He doesn't know that you know who he is.

"Ladybug, did something happen?" Adrien says, stepping closer. He lifts his hand, touching my elbow.

"Y-You know my real name, d-don't you?" I say, my voice shaking at his proximity. "You know who I am." My heart beats harder and harder, so loud that I'm sure he can hear my internal panic.

I definitely got it wrong. I only thought that Chat was Adrien because I wanted him to be.

"How do you know that?" Adrien asks, his face blank.

"I-I don't know.." I whisper. He's so close. "I- I can't remember."

I'm spewing lies, and they're so blatantly obvious, and we both know how stupid it is that we both start laughing. I lean forward, closing the distance between us.

Adrien's still chuckling when I stand on my toes.

He's still smiling when I close my eyes.

I hope he's still happy when I kiss him for the fourth time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: *contemplates finishing the entire story*

Also me: NOPE

{A/N: So first of all, I want to apologize for the amount of time it took me to publish this. I accidentally published Chapter 4, and of course my idiotic self thought oh I've finished this is great but no here we are. 

So I apologize. 

For that and that I'm leaving this on a cliffhanger.

Thanks for reading!}

- Sketchnooks