Chapter Five : Playing with Fire

Ratchet gawked at the rising dead, backing up.

"Megatron has desecrated the resting place of our fallen ancestors, and his own!" he exclaimed, looking up at Optimus. The Prime looked back at the old medic, disdain and sorrow in his optics.

"Not even the dead are free from his war-mongering" he stated wistfully, looking up at the horrid tyrant. Megatron looked down upon his undead army, the animated corpses lurching forward towards Optimus and Ratchet.

"At last. Symbiosis" he stated, looking down at his glowing chassis.. "I can feel it, I possess complete control over my army." He looked back up. "Destroy them!" The undead cybertronians lurched forward, their purple optics glowing as they reached for Optimus and Ratchet. Optimus quickly whipped out his blasters, shooting them as they came near. Despite his deadly aim, several undead kept coming after he shot them.

"Optimus, if our combatants are already deceased, how can we possibly defeat them?!" Ratchet cried. Optimus kept blasting the undead bots, gritting his denta behind his battle mask. He wasn't going to let these husks hurt his friend.

"Ratchet! Retreat! Bridge yourself back to base!" he ordered. Ratchet activated his blades.

"No. I shall stand with you, Optimus" the old medic responded defiantly. "You may require a medic when this is over with." Before Prime could object, Ratchet ran forward, cutting down their undead foes. He noticed a severed servo twitch before dying out. "I recommend dissection! The smaller the pieces, the better!" Optimus stood.

"Sound advice, old friend" he stated, activating his own blades. Swiftly, he started stabbing and slicing, undead bodies hitting the ground, deceased for good. He looked back up at Megatron, who was watching the whole ordeal with great pleasure.

"I have mastered Dark Energon" he called. "When you fall, Optimus, you too shall join my army!" Optimus glared before fighting harder, more undead falling.

~Bulkhead and the Kids~

        Decepticons shot at Jack, Rafael, and Y/N. The three all started dodging the blasts, several almost hitting them. One landed right in front of Raphael, sending the boy flying back.

"RAF!" Y/N screamed. Jack ran over to the boy, throwing himself over Raf. Y/N ran over as well dodging bullets and taking to the two's side. Bulkhead, more than a bit pissed, transformed and drove towards the kids. He popped his door as he stopped beside them.

"Get in, NOW!" he shouted. The three dis as they were told, fumbling to strap in as Bulkhead swerved around, dodging bullets.

"Thanks Bulkhead" Jack panted.

"Yea, thanks" Raf added.

"We owe you one" Y/N gasped.

"Wh-what are you doin' here?!" the wrecker asked frantically.

"We were worried about Miko" Jack explained. "Have you seen her?" The black and pink haired girl popped up happily.

"What's she look like?" she joked. Y/N gripped the younger girl's shoulders.

"Never, ever, EVER, do that AGAIN!" she snapped. Miko puffed her cheeks. Then, something hit her.

"Hey, where's Eclipse?" she asked. Y/N stiffened.

"Uhm... we left her behind at base" Jack stated.

"We left before she could notice" Raf said guiltily.

"Because we knew she'd stop us" Y/N muttered. Bulkhead sighed in frustration, serving around a boulder. He opened his doors.

"Everyone out" he ordered. The four did as they were told. "And this time, PLEASE wait here!" The wrecker sped out from behind the boulder and towards the Nemesis. He drove under it, avoiding any more fire. He drove up the side of the cavern the ship was docked in, Transforming and gripping the rock. He climbed up a bit further and jumped onto a spike of the ship. Decepticon scrambled around looking for him. He grabbed an unfortunate drones pede and pulled it down, the Con shooting before it slammed against the ship's metal exterior. The wrecker jumped up on top of the ship, taking a fighting stance. He ran forward, smashing and blasting Con after con. He looked over the side to the boulder, spotting Raf, Jack, and Y/N huddled up, peering around the rock. But...