Johnny and Dally

Ponyboy Pov

I'm still upset what happened to Johnny and Dally, everyone else is still out of it as well, I passed school thankfully, all to that story I wrote and got that passing C grade. I had Johnny and Dally's picture next to me and Soda's bed, it made me feel more at home seeing their picture before bed at night, knowing there not feeling any pain anymore, knowing their at peace and all that. it was getting kinda late, and almost supper time, I put down the book I was reading for the hundredth time, Gone With The Wind, ever since Johnny left the book to me, I had to keep reading it, even if I've read it too many times now. I got up and walked out to the kitchen, and like normal, Darry was cooking food, and Soda was setting the table with chocolate milk and chocolate cake for dessert. I sat down at the table as Darry set the food on the table, thanking him, me and Sodapop dug into our food, "slow down boys, you'll get yourself sick" Darry said of course we didn't listen Darry's cooking is always super good. I ate so much I ended up passing out as soon as my head hit the pillow that night...

I woke up early that morning, and cooked some eggs for breakfast, set it out, ate and decided I needed a smoke and a walk, I had left a note to who ever woke up next, and left. I headed over to the lot to relax and read Gone With The Wind when I saw two people I didn't expect to see....i ran as quickly as I could over to the lot to make sure it wasn't an illusion. It wasn't. I really saw them, I really saw Johnny and Dally! I gave them a huge hug, "why didn't you come to see us?!" I asked them, with tears in my eyes, "well Pony, we wanted time to ourselves before we made an entrance back into town, we're sorry we didn't come back sooner, kid" Dally explained, it did make sence. I just nodded and I ran to a pay phone and rang home, Soda picked up "hey Pony, what's up?" He asked me "YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!" I said excited "Pony, are you ok? Two-Bit didn't give you any alcohol did he?" He genuantly sounded concerned, "I'm fine, but come to the lot! You need to see them!" He made a sound "see who?" He sounded confused, "Johnny and Dally!" I said "Pony..." i could tell he got all sad "Johnny and Dally are gone....". "No, I saw them, I huged them! There at the lot! Please Soda! Please come!" He sighed "alright, I'll come, Darry is coming too. "Alright" I said and hung up the phone, and ran back to the lot, soon Darry and Soda had arrived and they stood in disbelief. Dally and Johnny smiled and opened their arms for a hug. Soda and Darry gave them hugs. I felt something strange in my chest when Soda hugged Johnny, I didn't know what that feeling was, but I decided to ignore it as I looked away to try to stop the feeling. Questions and answers flew by, and Johnny wanted to stay with us tonight. We all agreed and we waked with Johnny back to our place, he was still the jumpy, kicked puppy looking Johnny, his hair had grown back, I had kept my hair bleached, I decided that it would always be apart of me after I though he had died, I've grown to like it, though I did grow my hair back out and had it greased, Johnny did have scars on the parts where he had been burned. Sodapop had gotten moved to night shifts so my bed would be free, I felt my cheeks get a little hot "Pony, are you feeling ok?" Johnny asked "yeah" I nodded "why?" "Your cheeks are red" said Soda, I looked at him I felt embarrassed. "I'm fine, didn't worry about me!" I said suddenly. "Ok then" soda sounded a bit suspicious, I didn't care, "anyways. Johnnycake, both me and Steve are working nights now, and because the bed is a king sized, you and Ponyboy can sleep there tonight, that ok?" Soda asked Johnny, he nodded and smiled. Something about that smile made me feel warm inside, I smiles at him, his scars made him look tuff.

Tuff meaning cool, sharp
Tough meaning rough

When we got home Soda layed out his clothes for work on the foot of the bed, "hey Johnny? Do you still carry that switchblade?" I asked him he pulled it out and said "you bet I do" 'good old Johnny' i thought. I smiled agian, "Pony, you sure your feeling alright, you don't look so good" he said, I just stared blankly at him, his dark eyes had a shine to them that they never had before, was it the time away from the neighborhood? Away from his parents? I don't know, but they where really nice, his hair nice and greasy, his whole new appearance was captivating "PONYBOY!!" Darry's voice snapped me out of my train of thought, "h-huh?!" I got confused, "Pony you where just stareing at JohnnyCake, not saying anything. Not moving, just staring!" Said Sodapop, "o-oh, I'm awful sorry Johnny, I didn't mean to worry you or make you feel uncomfortable..." I apologized to him, I felt awful "it's ok Pony, can't blame ya" said Johnny, "i wasn't stareing in a bad way JohnnyCake, I think you look tuff, your eyes have an amazing sparkle, there really pretty" I wasn't thinking about what I was saying, but once I realized what I said i covered my mouth, I was embarrassed, Johnny blushed slightly "really? Thats sweet Pony, thanks, but I don't know if I would say 'tuff'" he said, I could see Soda and Darry looking at me with a weird look from the corner of my eye. "But you do look tuff, I like the look of ya, and your hair even grew back out too, I got my old Johnny back, I'm happy for that" oh my god, did I really say 'i got my old Johnny back'? I got really embarrassed. "Your really sweet Ponyboy, thank," he ruffled hair and got up "I think I'm gonna take a shower, that alright" he asked. "That's fine by me" Soda said with a smile Johnny went in and locked the door behind him, Soda and Darry looked at me "what was all that about, Pony? 'Your eyes are Pretty'? 'I got my old Johnny back '?" I felt my cheeks heat up "i-i don't know!" I said quickly I just stood randomly and grabbed my chore savings and ran out to the gas station. I returned a few minutes later with a few candy bars and some Pepsi. By the time I got back Johnny was out of the shower, he just got out when I walked in, I saw the towel around his waist and blushed slightly, I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I shook the feeling off "oh hey Pony, I heard the door open and slam, what happened?" He asked, "oh um, I-um I don't know, me and Darry got into a little fight, that's all, but anyways. I brought us some snacks" I replied, Darry looked at me and back at to what he was doing, I ignored him. "Hey Johnny?" I looked over at him."Yeah?" He looked back at me. "You got a cigarette?" I asked kinda awkwardly, he nodded and handed one to me, i thanked him and lit it, puffing out a smoke ring "Sodapop, can I talk to you in private?" I asked "yeah sure" he led me out side "um, how did you know you where in love?.." I got nurvouse, he looked at me weird. "Well, it started off with a weird feeling in my chest, you want to see the person you like all the time, and that weird feeling grows alot, why do you need to know?" He said, I puffed smoke agian "I think I got that feeling... and it's really weird" I explained. "Your first love, that's sweet, it's gonna be weird the first time. Who is it?" He asked "that's just it....i feel weird around this person....im attracted to girls, but this person is a boy.....its--"

Word count: 1427
I just read and watched The Outsiders. I LOVE IT OMGG!!