Chapter 7: Old History

The tension continued even longer, feeling awkward between them as one held this happy expression, while the other held a blank one (meaning death glaring at the other figure). But still, I decided to try and break the silence between them - and the tension between all of us.

"So Kane" I started, allowing his body to turn back to my direction, while Luke's eyes gazed at me. "What brings you here, I thought you and Amanda left?" I said confused.

"Well we were, but we decided to stay here for a while for vacation," He answered, "Plus, I want to see what her home city was like," he added with a smile.

"I see, then you must be going to Amanda right now" I spoke out.

He chuckled at my response before replied.

"Yep, that's right. I am going to meet her at her favourite restaurant during her childhood - you should come along guys, I'm sure she wouldn't mind," he suggested.

However, I didn't want to. I didn't want to be the fourth-wheel between the three of them as even I (as a writer that had no experience in writing a romance novel) can see that there is a love triangle between them. Now that is something I would rather avoid and not get caught up in the middle with. I opened my mouth and was about to reply 'no' when Luke answered for me that allowed my rage to increase more.

"Sure, we have free time today so why not spend it with you guys - especially since your vacationing here," Luke said with a fraudulent smile.

"What?" I quickly said before saying my excuse to the both of them, "Look, Luke can come but I have to do something important," I explained to Kane before waving goodbye. Turning my body to the other direction. Only to be turned back around by Kane.

"That wouldn't be fair to Luke then," Kane replied, seeing his expression turned a bit dismal by the thought of Luke just coming to meet with Kane and Amanda. "Plus, you're both dating and it wouldn't be fair if the other person didn't come," He paused.

I was about to say something once again, however, was cut off by Kane who gave the puppy dog eyes - which in fact, was kind of cute. Still hesitating, I was about to reply 'no' again when I heard Kane's voice.

"Pwease~~~" Kane added, approaching closer towards me.

I wanted to reply 'no' once again - but when I looked at his face once again.

This was the part when I had to give up.

~~~

"Even though I only found out now, it's just great to see you guys again," Amanda smiled cheerfully, sitting.

Kane, Luke and I were standing in a row in front of Amanda, as the sounds and smell of grilled meat were being cooked right in front of us.

"I - um...sure, it's marvellous seeing you too," I smiled nervously as I mentally adapted myself for being in this love triangle.

I see Amanda turning her head slightly to Luke - that was next to me.

"It's great seeing you again," Amanda said in a rather serious way.

I continued to smile; waiting for Luke's response, however, that response never came.

"Hmm," I thought as I turned my head to Luke - studying this blank expression from him; as if he wasn't interested in this any longer.