Chapter 11: You Didn't

"You guys are here," James revealed himself behind the door.

His one-story house looked small from the outside but his house was somehow like the magic tent from 'Harry Potter' - is he a wizard? His front lawn was all groomed and kept nicely with various flowers growing on the side of his fence that barricaded his house with the neighbour next to him - as his brick driveway was also clean and bright, with each individual brick being drawn on (as if it was a plain canvas that anyone can use) and in this case, it was James that was the artist.

He took a few steps towards me, initiating a big, tight hug that could almost break my bones.

"That's. Enough. James," Were all the words I can breathe out, trying to last a little longer to congratulate my victorious freedom.

"Sorry," James apologised before releasing me to reveal my figure being breathy and puffed out, "I just haven't seen you in a while; but since your boss allowed a mini-vacation, I couldn't miss this opportunity, no?" He began exaggerating, giving me this innocent look to grant my wrath to soften up a bit (and it really did work) my wrath somehow disappeared from my body, allowing me to sigh and feel the warmth of my friend's words.

"I really missed you too," I told him, making a peace sign with my head to symbolise the number 'two' before hugging him again.

"Yeah," He said childishly before walking backwards (further inside his house) signally that we were able to head inside.

"Your place still looks the same," I told him, observing his baby blue walls that allow the frames to pop out even more; as his living room held carpet floors that looked aesthetically pleasing.

"Nice house you got here James," Luke complimented, taking off his shoes before entering the carpet living room. I did too before sitting in front of Luke on the other couch next to James.

"So I heard you are a dance teacher, am I right,?" James started a conversation with.

"Yeah that's right, I teach Jade's nephew," He answered.

"Oo~ what a coincidence," James laughed as I saw him secretly giving me a glance - which I did not understand.

"So who are we waiting for?" I asked James, ignoring that glance from earlier.

"Oh, we're waiting for Andrew, then Kane and Amanda," James finished.

"Amanda's coming," Both Luke and I said in sync. We stared at each other for seconds to feel our hearts synching to the same rhythm - however, it all got interrupted when I heard Lance greeting the both of us.

"Hi, you must be Luke," Lance said, walking towards Luke who held his hand forward to gesture a handshake - which Luke did - smiling at Lance as a small greeting.

"Yes I am, and you are,?" Luke questioned politely, waiting for Lance's response. Both of them retracted their hands back before Lance pointed to himself with his thumb before replying. "The name Lance by the way. I work with Jade in Dreamedia Arts Production Company," He introduced himself.

Luke nodded his head in awe. "So are you a novelist too?" Luke curiously stated.

Lance rubs the back of his hand (with the same hand he was pointing with) before answering. "Yeah, I am, my full name is Lance Camelot; my famous novels are Angels of Tomorrow, Key to the Emperor's Treasure and The Shadow's Nightmare,"

"Woah, I remember passing through a book store once to see Angels of Tomorrow on display. Plus many of my students place it as their favourite adventure book," Luke complimented.

"Aww, I'm so grateful for them," Lance patted Luke's back.

And before we know it, they both sat on the couch Luke was sitting in and continued the conversation with other things that interested them both.

"It seems that this won't be awkward after all," James muttered to me.

I nod my head, agreeing with him whilst staring at the two that were too deep into the conversation that they began moments ago.

"So is my sister and her family meeting us here or at the house,?" I questioned James.

"They're already at the house," James answered, "Penelope said that by the time we get there, it will already be lunchtime; so she thought that she'll get there extra early with her family to cook for all of us while her husband and son can rest," James added.

Thinking about what he said, I soon agreed with him before fully leaning against his soft, creamy couch grasping a bulked pillow on my lap.

"I'm so tired," I yawned, covering my mouth before wiping water that was coming out of my eyes.

"Maybe you should drink iced coffee," James said, with his hand appearing with an iced coffee (which I didn't know how it got there, but okay) only to narrow my eyes in disgust.

"I will say this once again James. I. don't. Drink. Coffee." I explain one more time bluntly, not having the energy right now to give him a cold expression. Moreover, he was unphased by my saying and shrugged his shoulders to say the words "Suit yourself" before taking a sip.

I groaned by his energy, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath to try and fall asleep. However, that was interrupted by a doorbell and a knock - with a familiar voice I couldn't forget.

"Guys were here, let's go," Amanda yelled through the door.

"Everybody, shoes on!" James said dramatically as he also dramatically put his shoes on, whilst I did it more sluggishly.

Once we all did, James opened the door to reveal a casual Amanda with a wide smile on her face.

"Let's go," She suggested.