kth - ❤️ red string

au wherein your soulmate has a red string connected on both ur fingers n ur able to mess with it and all

this has been in my drafts in awhile and i apologize for the laziness lol also ima format the chapter names differently cos im kinda cringing at the old format lol

-

groaning in your sleep, you try your best to keep your eyes closed despite the small tugging you felt on your pinky finger.

deciding to ignore it, you turn over in your bed and sleep more.

you would have stayed asleep, if it weren't for the literal pull from your finger that lead to you falling from your bed. sitting up, you tried to sooth the pain your head got from the fall as a string of multiple cuss words fell from your lips.

"yah- what was that for..?" you groaned, stumbling to stand up as the blanket that was now also on the floor gave you a hard time. rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, you stalked past your bed and followed the continuous tugging on your finger all the way down the stairs, until you finally arrived at the kitchen.

surprisingly still holding on to the small pillow you had, you lazily dragged yourself to the man sitting on the table and proceeded to flop onto one of the open chairs.

"well goodmorning, lazy." taehyung spoke, a small smirk playing on his face as you rest your head on the table and groaned for the like - millionth time already.

"it's too early for me to deal with your jokes, kim taehyung..." you spoke, your voice stil rough from just waking up.

taehyung stood up, the chair he sat on scraping on the ground, he walked around the table and stood beside you, pulling you up so that you were sitting properly.

peppering your face with kisses, he spoke with his cheek squished with yours.

"come on! you know you love me because if you didn't, you wouldn't have gone out of bed hmm?" he teased, resting his chin on your chaotic bed head. he chuckled, and you smiled at the small vibrations you felt.

it reminded you that he was there - with you at that moment. alive and well. happy and together.

you wished it would stay like this forever, just the two of you living your lives without a problem, making ends meet with the normal everyday jobs you two were able to score.

sitting down beside you, taehyung snapped you out of your imagination as he dragged the food closer to the two of you.

"enough with your tomfoolery, now we must feast! i'm very hungry." he giggled, his boxy grin growing wide as he began to eat.

sending a genuine smile his way, you began to dig in as well, the aroma of the food before you tempting you to eat the mf food.

(a/n holy shit its like 12 am i cant do this anymore but since im nice and i feel bad for those reading this book ill finish it n update lol

so like i wanted this to be fluf but i have a good angst ending so if u dont wanna read the angst dont read further than this. sorry for not updating in so long schools been an ass and so has this quarantine. but its summer for me so ill try and find the time to update more :)) hope yall arent mad lol)

- this is a time skip oyessir angst time

this is what you had wished. you wished it would stay normal. you wished you could live normal everyday lives.

but when someone finds out that THE retired bts kim taehyung out in the streets, with no protection.. things aren't going to end well.

at the time, you were in your art studio, frustrated at the fact you couldn't find a better compliment color for the pastel pink before you. pastel green looked great with it and evened out the piece well - but blue also looked good. why is art so hard? why must you suffer this pain???? wtf man im just trynna paint my paints???

but nothing could confuse you more than the sudden pulling and tugging at the string that lay on your finger.

confused, you began to follow the tugging, exiting your studio and out onto the streets late in the afternoon, the sun beginning to set.

thats when it happened.

suddenly, the bright red string had been painted with black, like its own plague. it reached all the way to your pinky.

your eyes widened with confusion, and most importantly concern. and fear.

stumbling on your own feet, your running came to a stop as the world slowed down, the scene before you making your heart stop.

the love of your life lay on the ground, desperately trying to tug at the string as it began to separate.

moving yourself forward, you couldn't reach him in time. you were too late. you were too slow.

the string had snapped.

and there lay kim taehyung, blood spilling from god knows where, a crowd already forming as people screamed and screeched, people already running to find the culprit.

but you were too shocked. no one dared touch taehyung in fear of hurting him.

but you already knew it was too late, the string on your finger now black and still.

suddenly, adrenaline started to kick in as the reality came back to you. tears already spilling, you pushed yourself forward and dropped on the ground, gripping his hand as your (h/c) hair was a mess, tangled and all over the place.

no - this isnt right. you couldnt feel him anymore.

you were reminded he wasnt there anymore - not there at that moment. dead and lifeless. you werent together at that moment.

you wished it didn't stay like that forever, the two of you living your lives without a problem, making ends meet with the normal everyday jobs you two were able to score.

but the red string doesnt grant wishes.

sometimes fate isnt what you wanted.

sometimes wishes arent meant to come true.

-
lol did i break yalls heart w this