3/5 The gap between us

"Hey, Fred." A quiet voice spoke to him from the side. Yet the bear refused to look that way. Instead his eyes stayed glued on the ceiling above. Watching at how the piping mixed hastily and half hazzarly with the colored lights. Even if his eyes were to wonder, it was all the same.

"When we die, were do we go?" His friend held his hand up, blocking the dim colored light. Many colors peered between his fingers.

"I don't know." Fred forced a smile, "Somewhere happy hopefully."

"Then, shouldn't we leave that way?" The hare suggested, even if it seemed to be grim. The same hand that played with the colors up above, closed. As if he was trying to catch it.

"I- don't know," The male's eye brows furrowed, "What if we don't?"

"What if we do." Placing his hand on his chest, he took a deep sigh, robotic, in every way. The hare pulled his body onto the stage, to lay by his dear friend.

"What about Will?" Fred side eyed him, as soon as the other noticed they darted back to the ceiling

"What about him?" Spring rolled his eyes, at the name.

"Won't he be mad?"

"I see." He didn't.

"Do you?"

There was another moment of silence. The rabbit tapped on the stage, impatiently. The lack of noise around the area of frustrating. He'd rather be pound across the head by a cookie tin!

This didn't go unnoticed. Fred just stared the other down. Waiting for it- he's waiting for it...

"We've already seen everything!" The rabbit yipped out, like a rooster at one a clock in the morning. Stretching his arms out to enunciate his point.

"Exactly!" Fred pointed out, useing his best imitation of a game show host, "We don't need to go anywhere,"

"Anywhere in here." The other groaned back, "Let's go now!"

"No."

"Yes!" Spring turned around to lay on his stomach, "What's the worst thing that could happen?"

"They aren't ready for what we are." Fred stayed.

"What if they are?"

"What if you get decommission?" The bear let out a little louder than expected.

"Fred."

"Yes?" Oh great another question.

"What is love then?" The rabbit cooed, kicking his legs in the air.

"That's out of no where."

"Yeah, but we were already on a roll with the deep stuff," his hand flared around his the air.

"I think it's when you care about someone" Fred paused, "deeply."

"Then you love me?"

"I," the bear had to think, "always."

The two laid there. Letting that moment sink in a bit.

"If we simulate human emotions, then they could love us too." Spring sat back up. Letting his body stretch as he did so.

"They could hate us."

"Yes, but they can,"

"The reason they can, is the same reason I can't let you do that."

"You can't make me." The rabbit groaned, crossing his legs.

"That's why I'm begging." The bear pulled himself in an up right position. Huffing out a fake breath of air.

"Then let me." his voice was cold, like ice. Distant from the warm summer suns, that they useally stayed in.

Freddy placed his hand on his forehead. Keeping his temper down, so he doesn't burn a fuse. Yet things kept boiling.

"Do you think I like seeing you, stare out the window." It was an accident that it came out. It shouldn't have, but it did.

"No."

"Do you think I want to make you stay here," then why did he continue?

"A little bit," he squeaked, holding back a laugh.

"Can't you see I'm scared?" Fred called out. Huffing and puffing, slowly realising what exactly he admitted. He wanted to cry nearly, from the embarrassment, yet nothing would come out. Shuffling slightly he pulled his knees to his chest. Hugging them, closer.

"Fred,"

"Please, understand then," "I don't know what will happen, I don't think we can be out there, I don't even think we should be even alive."

"Fred," spring held out his hand, wanting to lay it on his shoulder. Yet he pulled back.

"I don't want to keep you here," Fred admitted, "it's just- if they find out,"

"If they find out?" He asked, placing that same hand he pulled back with, on the floor.

"I might be alone, or you might be alone, we both know the business has been slow."

"Fred I could never replace you," the rabbit have him a reassuring smile.

"I don't care about being replaced I just don't ever want ethire of us to be alone." It was hard to keep it in now, everything felt as if it was flooding.

"I understand then."

The two stared at one another. Eyes non moving, as they stayed in the same position. The gap between them, never changing.

"I know what you're thinking." Fred broke the silence.

"You know me too well." The other figure let out a hearty laugh.

"Just, please." Fred wasn't laughing, "Be safe,"

"If I do, I'll come back for you." Spring promised, stoping his bull fukery, to let it be real. This in turn, made Fred feel peaceful. In some weird way.