Ben

Rey's POV

I woke up with Ben holding me tightly. His hand holding my stomach softly. He seemed very focused almost as if I would slip away.

I slowly moved my hand on top of his. His eyes immediately shot up to my face. He looked at me relieved. I slowly sat up putting my hand on his face. He did the same to me. Our faces inches apart...just admiring each other.

We did it. We won. We finally won. The war was over. We did it together. All of us.

"Ben." I said smiling as I looked into his eyes. I grabbed his face tight and kissed him. No more Kylo Ren...just Ben Solo. My Ben Solo. We can finally be happy after years of our families misery. We're a dyad. We're connected...we always have been.

I broke the kiss and smiled more than I have in years. He smiled and even began to chuckle. We were both happy...for a moment.

Ben's face began to stiffen. Almost no emotion. I felt him leaving through our connection. Fear and worry began to swarm my mind. Suddenly, he collapsed. I jumped up to him. He can't leave. We were finally happy. He can't leave now. Everything was supposed to be okay...I need him.

Nothing was left on his face...just a small smile. I tried to grab onto him...but he disappeared right in front of me... the same way Master Luke did in our connection before he died. I lost them all, Han, Luke, Leia...and now Ben.

————————————————————————
~1 month later~
Rey's POV

"There was a voice...in my dream. It was whispering to me. Calling to me." I spoke. Master Skywalker has been training me along with Leia now that I've learned to speak to those we've lost through the force. We don't do as much combat training as we used to since the galaxy is currently at peace, but there is much more to learn about the force regardless of a war or not.

"What kind of voice?" Master Skywalker was always concerned of a new threat to the galaxy, despite us all putting an end to the order. He often speaks about the time he believed there would be unlimited peace and serenity after the Battle of Endor.

"I'm not sure...it's just a voice... a collective voice telling me to go somewhere...but never specific." The voice has been haunting me every night since I lost Ben. Whispering my name...and his...

There was silence after this. As if they were both in deep thought. Unsure of where these messages are coming from...if they are messages.

At first I only heard my name. A call for my name. But just last week I heard his. The connection gets stronger by the night. I have yet to experience this outside a dream however. A part of me hopes it's a message from Ben...even though I'm sure he's gone.

"You know...I half expected him to be a force ghost too...I hoped those weren't my last moments with him. I'm starting to think he's gone forever..." I glanced down at my hands with my head hanging low. I missed him. I missed them all.

Leia gave me a sympathetic smile and sat down. "Rey...no one's ever really gone. Ben died peacefully knowing he saved you. He knew you were the legacy and you were the one that could bring balance to the galaxy. That's why he gave up his life. He knew that if anyone could do it...it would be you."

"I still feel there's more. The story has yet to be completed. What's my purpose now? Where do I go from here?" I feel lost without him. He's my second half. Without him I'm not complete.

"There doesn't have to be a war to have purpose. The galaxy is at peace right now Rey. Enjoy it. Learn the ways of the force that don't contribute to fighting. Finish the texts. You have all the potential of every generation behind you...including Ben." Luke always tries to reassure me, so I tend to play it off as if I agree. Maybe if I agree enough I'll start to believe it too.