Ezra and the World Between Worlds

[There will be a time skip later in this chapter be prepared!]
——————————————————————
Rey's POV

There he was. The great Ezra Bridger I had heard about.

"I've been waiting for you ever since I heard about Ben. After I left the Ghost I dedicated my life to the force and what it reflects...I saw what was in you two as did many of the other remaining Jedi." I looked at him surprised.

"Other Jedi? There's more?" I asked.

"Yes...many more...scattered throughout the galaxy. You're not alone, Rey, and you never have been. Most closed themselves off from the force waiting for the moment the galaxy is saved...most were there with you that day on Exegol." I heard many Jedi...maybe there really were some still alive out there.

"You're here for Ben Solo and the World Between Worlds." He knew exactly what I wanted.

"Please, tell me how I can get to him. Teach me." I pleaded with him.

"I will take you...but not yet. You must train more before you'll be ready to enter Exegol...and the possible repercussions it may have."

Train? More? I thought I had completed my training by accessing the other Jedi.

"Train? Didn't I already complete my training?" I asked.

"You may be trained by the ways of combat...but you still do not grasp the full spirit of the force..."

"How long must I train?" Everyday the dreams get stronger. I'm not sure how long I can last.

"As long as it takes." I probably looked defeated because he spoke up again, "Be patient Rey, patience is key to restoring the galaxy." I looked at him with hopeful eyes...hoping that this patience will lead me to Ben soon...
————————————————————————
[Time Skip]
~ 6 months later ~

Rey's POV

I've been training with Ezra for months. Poe and Chewie eventually went to complete the mission they said to be working on so there was no suspicion. Poe gave me a tracking beacon so when I'm ready for their return or I'm ready to leave...we can.

I've been training with Ezra off and on throughout my time on Lothal. It hurts knowing I'm so close physically to Ben, yet so far. Ezra had explained to me the importance behind why I must train so hard to get into the temple. Apparently when he saved Ashoka all those years ago he buried the temple. This will represent a true test to my relationship with the force. Many have tried to save loved ones in the past after hearing about Ezra's story...all have failed. I had not only Ezra on my side however, but the force too. Ezra and I had to be able to be so connected to the force we could bring the temple back up to it's surface temporarily. In order to do this, one of us must be outside securing it, while the other is retrieving Ben.

We have been training together for months and today is finally the day we are planning our trip to the temple. The Loth-Wolves will be taking us directly to where the temple used to be...or technically is currently. Jacen is coming with us in case of any threats while we're either opening the temple or in the temple.

"Time to go Rey...it's now or never..." one of the first things Ezra ever told me was before him, the temple could only be opened from Master and Padawan as a test to see if they truly were strong together...if not they would become trapped. I still can't believe what he's willing to risk...

"Why are you doing this...? I never asked. Why would you risk your own life for mine?" I pondered.

"Not only is the Jedi code to protect and serve, it is also to restore balance and order to the force...to the galaxy. I strongly believe you and him are that balance...and without him or without you we truly do not have a balance... we've all lost so many people, but they are never really gone, but in your case Rey, we can bring him back." I looked at him as it didn't occur to me all the people he's must've lost.