Chapter 18 - Epilog

Summary: Mipha and Link begin their life together in Zora's Domain, bringing this story to a close.

Mipha woke up first, then looked over to see Link still asleep next to her. They had stayed out late the night before swimming at East Reservoir Lake and decided to sleep in the bed there. Link wasn't used to sleeping in the water yet, but give him time, she thought. Then she thought back to last night, the stars shining brightly and a crescent moon rising over the water, Link taking her into his arms and... It was so romantic! Link was every bit the wonderful husband she had expected him to be. She closed her eyes again and lay back down, thinking about how happy she was.

"Mipha, sweetheart, open your eyes," said Link. "It's getting late."

Mipha blinked and saw Link next to her, looking over at her. She reached out, and they kissed.

"Good morning, husband," said Mipha. "I still like calling you that. And you were wonderful last night."

"Good morning, my darling wife," laughed Link. "And so were you! I just wish Ruta didn't have to bellow."

"She's just expressing her happiness for me, happiness for us," laughed Mipha. "But since you think it's so late, let's get up. I'll catch you a fish, and you can cook it by the inn. Then, I'd like to visit Veiled Falls."

Link got up and got dressed, and after they each ate breakfast, they walked to Veiled Falls and sat together on the rock jutting out into the water, arms around each other. It was a sunny late morning now, and Golden Sparrows chirped in the nearby trees while a family of ducks swam near the falls. The only other sound was the soothing, steady splash of the water cascading over the falls themselves.

They sat together quietly, now and then nudging each other with an elbow, then kissing and laughing, for a nudge was their not so private signal to share a kiss. They were taking turns nudging each other and kissing so frequently now it was becoming ticklish. Mipha finally broke the silence.

"The armor does look good on you," said Mipha. "If I don't say so myself."

"It's magnificent! And it's so comfortable," said Link. "I keep forgetting to ask you how you finished it so quickly. You had it ready the week after we first kissed?"

"Impressed?" said Mipha. "I'm teasing you. I made it a century ago but never offered it to you. I wonder if you would have accepted it back then."

"Of course I would have, sweetheart," said Link. "I was already in love with you. I guess we both missed chances to express our feelings for each other. But we didn't lose much time together, since neither of us aged."

They sat quietly for another moment.

"Have you heard from Her Majesty lately?" said Mipha.

"Not lately," said Link. "She's pretty busy these days working with builders and architects. But she knows we're both ready to help whenever she needs us. The Sheikah are keeping her safe now, though there's a lot less to be kept safe from these days."

"Yes, thank the Goddess," said Mipha. "And Father is very grateful for your help clearing out all the Lizalfos around here. The electric arrows they used to shoot were very dangerous to us."

"You mean our help, sweetheart," said Link. "You've become quite the warrior! And my dear brother-in-law helped as well. It was such a shock, no pun intended, to see him all grown up."

"Yes, Sidon grew up suddenly on both of us, didn't he?" said Mipha.

"He was so cute when he was small," laughed Link. "You may not remember, but he used to get so mad at me when you and I went off for a walk or a swim without him. When we returned, he would turn his back on me and pout. But I always tried to make up with him, and he usually relented."

"Yes, I lost the memory of those times, but perhaps it will slowly return," said Mipha.

"He was just so adorable, though," said Link. "I miss that cute little Zora!"

"Be careful what you wish for, sweetheart," laughed Mipha as she stroked his hair. "I think we will have a cute little Zora of our own someday. But not quite yet. I want some time for just the two of us. Speaking of which, you spent one hundred years with another princess. I expect you to spend at least the next hundred with me!"

Link burst out laughing. He often laughed now and often smiled too. He was filled with inner happiness.

"If I have it in me, or Dr. Purah perfects that rune of hers, I'm all yours for as long as I can be," laughed Link.

All hers. Link was all hers now. Mipha liked the sound of that.

"I'm so happy living here, I mean besides being with you," said Link. "The domain is the most beautiful place in Hyrule, and calling it home feels so natural. I came here so often that it felt like home to me sometimes. But now it is home, and I love it."

Time for another swim, she thought as she pushed him into the water, and he laughed again, sputtering water and wiping his eyes. Then they embraced and kissed again as they floated together face to face.

"Race you up the falls," said Mipha. "I want you to stay in shape and keep fit. Don't expect another set of armor from me!"

Link was so much fun, and she was just so happy now. Her life felt perfect!

"You're on, Princess!" laughed Link as he raced her toward the falls.

He loved racing with her, swimming with her, making love with her, and just being with her. And although he always lost swimming races, he would never give up. And if one day he ever won, she would never hear the end of it. Not for a hundred years! At least!

The End.