TWO

Present

It was officially the second anniversary of me becoming a rouge. I learned to love the freedom. I also learned I loved to run free without having to worry about a pack.

I fought and survived for myself and of course I was fighting for my mate I have yet to meet. The only reason I survived in the beginning was because of him.

I knew as soon as I see him, I would be able to finally call a place home. I certainly hoped he would love me just as much as I loved him. I may not know him, but that didn't stop me from falling in love with him. I was made to fall in love with him.

I ran in my Wolf form and howled to the Moon Goddess to let me met my mate soon. Several other wolves howled in the distance. My Wolf was on edge. We just made a grave mistake.

We were now on pack lands. Not just any pack lands but the Blood Moon Pack lands. I skidded you a stop and turned around and bolted back to the unclaimed territory.

I ran as fast as I could and dug my paws into the group. I was almost there just a few more feet to go.

All of a sudden I was pinned down by a bigger wolf. His black and white fur made his Royal Blue eyes pop out and with a menacing growl ripples through the Wolf's throat. His growl told me he wanted me to shift. I only nodded scared of what he could do.

I shifted and laid there underneath him naked. The Wolf's eyes never leaving mine before getting off me and shifting.

I trembled.

I was scared for once. Scared that I'd never met my mate because I would be dead. Just because I accidentally wondered into the Blood Moon territory.

The man looked at me still holding my gaze, spoke, "What is a rouge doing on these lands?"

I shook and lowered my head down in submission. "I-I'm sorry. I was just running and I didn't m-mean to cross into your territory. P-P-Please don't kill me."

He looked over me again and said, "I'm not going to kill you. We don't kill rogues." He paused. "The King does."

With that he walked over to a tree, bent down and picked up a shirt and shorts. He threw me the shirt that was long enough to his everything and he pulled the shorts on.

He was intimidating that was for sure, but for some reason the only thing I could focus on was the fact that he said the King.

Who was he referring too. His Alpha? No that wouldn't make since and since when didn't they kill rogues on the spot.

He pointed North and nodded his head that way still glaring at me. I started walking with him behind me.

•••

"What's your name?" I questioned after walking for what seemed like forever.

"My name isn't important." He grunted.

Well I'm not giving up that easy. If I'm going to die, I'm not going to die of boredom. "Why not?"

"You're probably going to die soon and the first thing you want to ask me is my name. You don't even know what is going to happen to you when you see the King."

There it was again, King. Why did he keep saying that. "Who's the King?"

The man snorted. "The King is the King of all Alphas. He is the ruler and protector of our kind. Didn't anyone tell you about him? About your history?"

"Nope never learned anything about the King. Why else would I ask?"

The man growled lowly at me. "Just shut up and keep walking. Maybe if you're lucky you can keep your head."

•••

After what seemed like forever of walking through the woods we arrived at a castle. I mean like a literal castle. How had I not know about the King and how haven't I seen a picture of this castle before.

It was magnificent. It was almost Disney like except for the fact that it was darker and gloomier.

The man spoke, " Follow me."

I did. I knew I couldn't escape. I was on Blood Moon territory. Also if this pack is the Royal pack then they probably have a lot of guards patrolling the perimeter.

He walked into the castle and took me down a bunch of hallways, until finally he pulled open a room that had two thrones at the end of the room. Sitting in one of the thrones was a man bigger than the one that took me. He had chestnut hair that went down into his eyes and he sat there, slumped in his chair, and looking bored out of his mind.

The Wolf that brought me in spoke. "Your Highness, I found this female Rouge trespassing. What would you like to do with her?"

The King looked at the Wolf, when I saw he had a giant scars a crossed both of his violet eyes. The king finally spoke after a moment, "Bring her up here."

My breathing stated to quicken when I realized that I was about to die. He was going to kill me. The King was going to kill me. I started to shake and I held back a my tears. I couldn't show my weakness.

"Move," the Wolf spoke from behind me.

I slowly began to approach the King. When I was about five feet away from the throne, the Wolf behind me pushed me down on my knees.

The King rose out of his chair and walked towards me. I bowed my head down. I couldn't look him in the eye without showing him my fear.

When he reached me he held out his hand to me and said nothing. I slowly looked up at his hand and then I looked at his eyes. I saw no emotion.

I hesitatingly reached out and accepted his hand as he pulled me to my feet. That moment I felt the tingles and sparks from that one touch. My Wolf said one thing over and over in my head, "Mate!"

I froze shocked. I couldn't be his mate. I was a Rouge. He was a King and a Killer.

•••••
Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!
See you in the next chapter!