Four

I had been left in my room for awhile now and I was getting bored. I wanted to explore the castle. I never even knew the King existed let alone that a castle did. This castle is by far bigger than an average pack house, seeing as I had to walk up two flights of stairs to get to my room.

So I opened my bedroom door and hesitantly walked out. I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's not like I'm going to get killed. I'm the King's mate.

I'm supposed to be....

Queen....

Oh my Goddess... I'm supposed to be Queen.

How am I supposed to be Queen when I'm a Rogue.

•••

After what feels like forever I found the kitchen. Along with Axel, the King, and another male that I didn't recognize.

Jax seemed to sense me and his head snapped toward me and so did the eyes of the other two males. The third male gave me a wolf whistle and said, "Well, who is this?" I turned red like flaming hot Cheetos.

Jax growled at him, "Back of Booker!"

Booker smiled and chuckled at Jax, "She's all yours, Jaxy boy."

"Don't call me that, Bookie." Jax growled playfully. "Is there something you need, Amaya?"

"Ummmm no. I was just exploring." I mumbled looking down at my feet.

"Awe, you're so cute." Booker cooed at me, "Look at her blushing cheeks. She's so adorable."

"Leave us," growled Jax.

Axel and Booker immediately got up and left, but not before giving me a "knowing" look.

"Would you like something to eat?" Jax asked.

"Sure.." I replied.

"Why do you seem so scared? What is it that scares you?" Jax questioned.

"I-I'm not scared." I stuttered.

"Your voice says otherwise." He stated matter of fact.

"I'm just nervous." I spoke quietly.

"My Dear, why are you nervous? You are the future Queen of the Wolves. You have more protection than you even know. So tell me, what is it that's bothering you?" He asked.

"I just meet you. I'm supposed to be Queen. I didn't even know that we had a King. You expect me to be okay with everything, but I'm not. This is like a whole new world that I had no idea about." I answered. That was the most I have said since being here. I hope I didn't say anything wrong.

"I don't expect you to be okay with everything. I know this is a lot to take in and I don't even know how or why you didn't know about the monarchy but the important thing her is that I found you. We will figure this out together. I'm not expecting you to be Queen tomorrow or for awhile. You have so much to learn and we have so much to learn about each other." He sounded so sweet and sincere.

"Thanks" My lips curved into a small smile.

"You don't have to thank me. Now, what do you want to eat?" He smiled.

"Anything is fine." I responded.

He grinned in my direction and went to dig through the fridge. He managed to find all his ingredients which were; butter, bread, cheese slices, and pickles.

"Pickles?" I questioned worriedly.

"Grilled cheese with pickles it's the best. Trust me." He responded, smiling down as he gathered a pan and started putting the grilled cheese together.

"Go ahead ask what you want," he said.

"How can you make a grilled cheese and find the ingredients in the fridge." I asked.

"Well, the fridge is organized a certain way that I have memorized and the chief taught me how to cook using my other senses. She told me, 'if you want a happy mate, you have to learn how to cook,' that's why I learned to cook. To please you." He answered with a smile in his voice.

I blushed a crimson red and spoke, "I would have been happy even if you didn't."

He chuckled, "You've surprised me."

"How so?"

"You just do. You're so different than what i imagined. You accept me for me. I thought as soon as my mate learned that I was blind she would run for the hills.....but here you are." He looked in my direction and smiled.

"Why would you think that? Mates are for life. The only person that would truly and utterly devote their live to their other half. Rejection is rare. You should know that more than anybody. You accepted me even though I'm a rouge. Why would I reject you because you're blind? In my eyes, you're perfect." I blushed after realizing I was a little straight forward. I hope he doesn't find that weird. I don't want to hid my feelings or thoughts. I'm not that kind of person.

He looked to be in thought as he flipped the grilled cheese. I wish I could read his thoughts. His silence is killing me.

After a few more moments and flipping of the grilled cheese, he set a plate in front of me and said, "Y-You have me at a loss for words and that is very rare." He blushed. "Now, try it."

I'm not going to lie. The grilled cheese with pickles smelt delicious. I picked up the sandwich inhaling the delicious scent and took a bite.

"Mmmmhmmmmm," I moaned. "This is delicious! How did I not know that these existed!"

He smirked, "I told you. They're the best."

"You're going to have to make these everyday, how am I going to eat a regular grilled cheese again?" I mumbled more to myself than to anyone.

"You won't. Once you go pickles, you never go back..... That sounded better in my head." He blushed in embarrassed that he just said that.

I laughed almost choking on my food in the process.

Jax growled, "Who do you think you're laughing at, Missy?"

"You," I stated matter of fact.

"Are you sure, you want to do that?" His voice went deeper trying to sound mean and scary.

"What are you going to do?" I said smugly.

"You have to the count of three to run." He growled playfully.

I laughed but got up and ran. Only to run back a second later to grab my grilled cheese.

"One..." Jax sang out as I sprinted off.

I kept running up the stairs until I found my room.

"Two..." his voice rang through the castle.

I waited.

"Three.... here I come little mouse." He called out.

Adrenaline started coursing through my veins. My heart rate accelerated as I waited for him to find me.

•••
Thanks for reading
P.S. longest chapter so far
XOXO
Ghostly