Forest Is...Not That Bad

The first time he meets Gusion. It was in high school. They were each other's enemies. If not rank, then sport, if not sport, then popularity. Well, correct that. It was only Gusion who get competitive and hated on him. Granger was totally the opposite of the anger issue brunet. He was actually amused by Gusion's actions and like to tease the assassin after losing to him on almost everything. Granger was secretly a big tease, but only towards a certain someone.

A few months have gone by filled with competition between the two students. It was the last day of October. Students of the magic academy usually have a big project to do at the end of the month. The teachers would assign each student a fellow classmate as a partner to work together. This month, the project was to explore the forest known to be the biggest, most dangerous forest in the Land of Dawn. It has many mysteries, it was their task to bring something new, that had never been seen before back to help create more magic. Unfortunately, Granger and Gusion got partnered up. They both fought the teacher to change it but to no avail.

"Gusion, don't you dare slow us down, you got on my nerve enough already," Granger said, sounding extremely annoyed, but he doesn't really mean it though.

"Well, it's not like I want to be stuck with you either!" Gusion yelled back, a tint of hurt in his voice.

They both make their way to the forest with another group. Guinevere and Lesley, they were both Gusion's best friends. Lesley was actually Gusion's ex-girlfriend but they broke up due to Lesley coming out as a lesbian.

Guinevere said in annoyance, looking at the duo, "You both fight like an old couple, I wonder why you guys didn't date yet?"

Gusion looked a little flustered but tried to mask it as unbothered. He was hoping Lesley can say something to get rid of the unwanted atmosphere around Granger and Gusion. Instead...

"Yeah Gusion, it's time for you to move on and get someone new as I did!" Lesley is now smirking at Gusion and eyeing Granger while hugging Guinevere closer.

"Fucking PDA, get a room will you?" Gusion, flushes from ears to neck, trying to defend himself.

As they joke around for a bit, smiling and joking. Granger, who is more attentive to his surroundings than the others looks around and notices an unfamiliar scenery. It's getting darker. The trees somehow grew bigger and wider, blocking all their previous paths to go back to the school. Others seemed to notice the difference too since everyone is quiet now, cautiously looking around for dangers. The only sound available at the moment is the eary rustling of the tree branches and leaves. The scene looked straight out of a horror movie. The girls let out small whimpers while the boys looked sketched out too.

"Now what do we do?" Lesley's voice breaks the scary silence, her voice is a bit shaky as she holds onto Guinevere's hand tighter.

Gusion didn't notice the whole time but his heart started to beat faster and his hand was also clenched tightly on the hem of Granger's shirt. Granger didn't seem to mind. His eyes search around for danger and shelter at the same time. They walk for a while and nothing seems to be on their side today. Thunder can be heard and small raindrops fall down on their heads. The dark clouds came and make the sky even darker than it should be.

"Fuck, Granger what do we do, where do we go?" Gusion is now scared, he asks Granger in a hurried voice. He is standing so close to Granger that his back is basically touching the marksman.

The rain gets more brutal. Heavy raindrops started to pour down on them, heavily and painfully. Gusion can feel Granger pulling him toward him while Lesley and Guinevere tailing behind. It turns out to be a cave that Granger found. It's not warm but better than being out there on in the rain. All four were soaked from head to toe. They were shivering at the coldness surrounding their bodies.

Guinevere started to rid herself of the heavy coat. She stares at the boys, waiting for them to get a hint. Granger and Gusion started making their way to another section inside the cave where it's closed out to where the girls were at. Granger undressed right away. Gusion was taken back by the raven's exposed body, abs and muscle filled his eyes. Granger catches his stare but doesn't flinch.

"Like what you see?" Granger said with a smirk, his voice was deep and...seductive?

Umm...what? Gusion felt attacked. That suggestive tone sounds like Granger is flirting with him, he cannot act this sinful! He silently screamed at himself as he tears his eyes away from Granger while looking down to hide his face from Granger not knowing his bright red ears can give him away easily. His face flushed a deep red color as he heard a low and gentle chuckle. Gusion touches his nose lightly just to make sure he is not having a nosebleed.

The assassin finally checked his bag after regaining his dignity, then his face paled. He forgot to bring clothes...Eyeing Granger, Gusion feels humiliated having to ask him to borrow his clothes, but he has to!

"Umm, Granger? I forgot to bring my clothes, can I...?" Gusion said, a bit shy to ask another boy for spare clothes.

Granger had already finished dressing, looked down at where Gusion sat and smirked, "Are you sure you want to borrow my clothes?"

The assassin's face darkened and look at Granger with threatening eyes and said, "Yes, do I look like I have a choice right now?"

Granger only shrugs, throwing Gusion a black T-shirt a gray sweat-pant and...underwear. The brute face lightens up and gives a small thank to Granger while beginning to undress. He can practically sense Granger burning a stare into his body but choose to ignore it anyway.

After changing into Granger's clothes, he realized he had made a grave mistake. Lesley and Guinevere cannot stop their teasing seeing him dressed in Granger's clothes, calling them his 'boyfriend's clothes'. Even worse, Granger didn't even seem to make any effort to deny what they said but just stares at him further. It's gonna be a long night, Gusion signed.

Night had fallen onto them. Guinevere and Lesley set up a small place to sleep and had already cuddled close to each other on a small blanket. Gusion was forced to sleep with Granger since he packed nothing but snacks and sodas. Luckily, Grange brought a rather comfortable-looking sleeping bag, a double sleeping bag actually. There is enough room for both of them but since Granger's and Gusion's bodies are considered big for an average man, the space is a little tight inside the sleeping bag.

They sleep facing each other, bodies touching at every point.

Gusion can feel Granger's hand slowly placing itself on his waist and pulling him into a sort of hug, it's quite comfortable, having something reassuring his unstable mind. Gusion's eyes opened just to see Granger was also looking at him. He can't make out what kind of emotion Granger was hiding under those pair of eyes, softness? tenderness? He doesn't know anymore?

"It's cold, let my hand rest here for a bit, will you?" Granger said with a tired voice.

His voice entered Gusion's ears, like a lullaby rocking him to deep and peaceful sleep. The brunet eyes fell heavily. He snuggles even closer to Granger, after a while, both males entered a deep slumber while cuddling each other reassuringly close. Without noticing, the night had gone by and a new day started, exposing them closer to new feelings and sensations they have never experienced before that will ultimately change their relationship altogether.