Crime Scene #1

12 hours til end of shift...

A water hose. That's what this place needs right about now, there's too much blood to see anything around here.

"Hey Joey, where's the body in all this mess?" I ask my partner of two years.

"There isn't one... all that's left of the kid is a sneaker. Foot's still inside. Size 12." His voice is hollow and he's not really talking to me as much as at me.

"Is she the one we've been looking for?" I ask, trying my best to keep the emotion out of my voice.

"Yeah, the killers left a note. Apparently, she was too much of a hassle for em. A fighter to the end. Anyway, she'd seen too much and this was her punishment." Joey looked at for the first time since I arrived on the scene, a calculating look in his eyes. "I'm sorry Clint, I know this ones gotta be tough for you... she's the same age as your-"

"I know. I'm fine. Let's just get this over with." I cut him off, truth be told, I'm not fine. This girl would have been the same age as my little sister when she went missing 15 years ago. She's the reason I even decided to be a cop in the first place. I couldn't save Adeline and that was something I never wanted anyone else to have to go through. Turns out though, that even as a cop I still can't save anyone.

The badge is nothing than a glorified piece of metal.