Crime Scene #2

8 Hours Til End of Shift...

"Ma'am I'm sorry, but for the last time, you can't go in there right now." 

"Of course I can! My husband works for the government, he can vouch for me!" The womans nose could touch the heavens if she wanted it to, I'm surprised she hasn't fallen over backwards with how far up it is.

"Again, I cannot let you through these doors if you do not have the proper clearance. And your husband being in the government is not clearance." I'm really trying my best to be polite, but how on earth can one woman be so dumb... she must be holding some for a friend too.

"Well! I have never been treated with so much disrespect  before in my life!" her voice grates on my eardrums and I can't but think that she probably wouldn't know true disrespect if it bit her on that giant backside of hers. "What is your name officer? I'm going to report you this instant!" her shrill voice is getting louder and it is taking every ounce of self control in my body to not tell her she has lettuce in her teeth.

"My name is Officer Layne Ellison, ma'am. Would you like my badge number as well?" I ask her with a practiced smile on my face. "I can also give you Captain Cordova's personal number if you'd like!" I add with more enthusiasm than is necessary.

"Why yes actually I would-wait.. Did you say Co-cordova?" 

"Yes ma'am, Lieutenant Captain Connor Cordova, I work directly beneath him." My smile is genuine now as she quickly packs her phone into her purse and quickly walks away muttering some half-hearted excuse about how shes late to an appointment.

Sometimes I wonder what the point of living is, if people are just going to end up doing dumb shit in their old age... nothing has changed my mind yet.