Part Thirty-Three: Chapter 254: Watching And Waiting

"H-hey boss," Frost nervously knocks on Jason's hotel room door. He was ever mindful to stand as far back as possible, to avoid random stray bullets. Since they had been in New Orleans Jason's moods had grown very erratic and more unpredictable.

The door opens and Frost can see Jason's hollow eyes peering back at him. "I do hope, for your sake, that this is something of an important nature," he says lowly.

"Think we found our inside guy," Frost says and slides a folder through the crack in the door.

Jason takes it and opens it. His eyes go left to right as he reads. "HaHaHaaaa," he suddenly laughs, "this is perfect."

"Yes sir. Ace is at the casino now. He's there, just a few blocks away. He's losing pretty big," Frost informs him.

"Good! How much does he owe the house?" Jason asks with an eager smile.

"A hundred and twenty-seven K," Frost says.

"Well what are we doing standing around talking about it? Let's go," Jason says as he exits his hotel room and practically skips down the hallway.

**********************"

As if by some clever design of fate, the one guard who had caused Harley the most grief, turned out to be the one guard with a gambling problem. Mr. Alpha asshole. All Jason would have to do to put him in his pocket, was pay off his debt to the house. One hundred and twenty-seven thousand was pocket change for the Joker, and well worth the small price to get Harley back.

"Lester, Lester, hit me one more time. Come on man! Damnit!" The guard shouts and slams his fist down on the table. He ignores the hooker on his lap, "Call upstairs and tell them to float me another fifty K, ok?" He tells the dealer, realizing that all his money is gone.

A hard hand clamps down on his shoulder. "Boss wants to see you."

The guard turns to look at the burly looking bouncer, "Hey! Do you know who I am?"

But the man hasn't the patience to play, he zaps Alpha asshole with a tazer to his nostrils. He then drags him to a back room in the kitchen and shoves him down in a chair. A man stands nearby and menacingly stares at Alpha as he slams a meat cleaver down repeatedly into a huge chunk of beef. But Alpha is a man who isn't easily scared, he deals with the worst of the worst five days a week. His bored eyes look over his shoulder at the guy making a show of chopping up the meat.

"Good job man. He's killing it," he motions with his thumb. "Come on man. Why am I here? All right, yeah, I'm down. I get it, all right. I had a run of bad decks. It's not my fault. All right?" He rolls his eyes in boredom.

The boss peers down at him, "Dude, this is real. I had to stop these guys from burning down your house with your wife and kids in it." Alpha asshole's face goes blank as he looks over the hard faces staring at him. "But you're lucky," the boss points at him.

"Maybe, yeah. Why do you think so?" He raises a curious brow. "Yo slick, what's up?" He asks as he watches as Frost comes in with a brief case and hands the casino boss a suran wrapped stack of cash that said 127K on it. Someone was paying his debt, but who, and better yet, why? He motions to the man handing over the cash. "Griggs. And you are?"

Frost just stares, "You might wanna keep your mouth shut."

"Can I go man? Come on. What the hell is going on man?" Alpha asshole Griggs says, still not understanding the series of events. "This is crazy." But then a hand could be felt on his shoulder,

" But then a hand could be felt on his shoulder,