Ch. 18 Holiday Season

"Well, the holiday comes from over a thousand years ago when dragons helped most of Roania survive a great famine. Hence the reason it's called the Feast of Generosity," Zion explained. He had got Molten to come back over to Roania, just two weeks before his Christmas exams started, to have him join in on the end-of-November Roanian celebration.

"And even after the war, you still celebrate it?" Molten asked as he walked down the stairs to the castle's dining room. He had dressed up in a black suit and white shirt, though he felt bad for wearing jeans to the feast, seeing as it was so important to his boyfriend and his people.

"Yes," Zion replied bluntly, unsure of why Molten asked such a question. "Just because we blamed Wyrmia for starting the war—whether or not it was an accident—doesn't mean we forget about how Wyrmia aided us in the past."

Molten lifted his chin understandingly. "Riiiight," he said, accepting that this holiday meant a lot to the people of Roania.

He tugged on the jacket of his suit. "Do I look acceptable?" He asked Zion. Zion took a quick scan of his outfit—he wore a red tailcoat jacket, white shirt, neckerchief and suit trousers. Very formal.

"Eh... Yeah, pretty much." He stopped by the doors to the dining room. "Ready to join us in this Roanian feast?" He asked, reaching for the handle on the door.

Molten fixed his hair in the reflection of the chequered tiles beneath him.

"You look fine," Zion insisted. He fixed his jacket a bit and pecked him on the lips. "I promise."

Molten paused and looked down at Zion. "All right," he drew in a breath, "I'm ready."

*-*-*-*

"Just remember, you wanted to see how Wyrmia celebrated Christmas," Molten said, pulling up outside his parents' home.

"I still don't see why I have to wear this though," Zion complained, pulling down his navy Christmas jumper to inspect it, with its centrepiece white snowman with a red hat and buttons sewn on as, and falling snow in the background.

"It's part of our tradition," Molten said. "And it's for a bit of fun."

"You say that because you have a reindeer on yours with a bright red pompom. It's cute... That and you're used to it," Zion said, mimicking a posture of a child told that had to do something they didn't want to.

Molten shook his head. "And I thought I was a big child," he muttered. "At least help me carry in the presents."

Zion nodded.

*-*-*-*

"You're such a sore loser," Molten said as Zion pouted, having lost another game of table hockey to Molten.

Zion stood on the other side, his arms folded and head high. "Am not."

Blaze laughed, the sound echoed through warm the basement. Molten placed his puck on the table and walked over to the pool table, taking a sip from his bottle of beer.

"Yeah, yeah." Molten sat down on one beanbag in front of the old TV, hooked up a Wii console and his Xbox console which he'd brought over. Blaze and CJ had finished a round of Mario Kart.

"Ready to face the champ of this game, CJ?" Called Firestrike, already taking Molten's spot at the table.

CJ sighed dramatically. "I suppose."

"Good luck," Blaze said, handing Molten the other controller.

Zion moved in beside them.

"You're on," Molten said, starting up his character.