Chapter 6. Him.

February 2013

"Thank you, I... I love it." Rosé became emotional again, looking at the birthday present which three other girls bought for her. It was a silver necklace, very exquisite and elegant.

"Let me." Lisa proceeded to put the necklace on her friend's swan-like neck.

"It looks beautiful on you." Jennie said while Jisoo was wiping Rosé's cheeks with the handkerchief.

"No more crying okay, chipmunk? This is your birthday, you should be happy." - Jisoo said gently.

"I am, those are happy tears." Rosé answered truthfully.

Out of the four of them, she was the last to arrive in the YG academy. Like Lisa, she had to leave her parents in another country and didn't really know anyone in Korea. That's why she was so grateful that Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa promptly accepted her as their friend. She integrated quickly and firmly into their group, as if she had always been one of them. One thing that united their group was their common dream of becoming an idol. The second was hard work during practice. But the most important was the third. The absence of their real families which they experienced day-to-day. It made them develop a special bond which was perhaps even stronger than the one present within most families. They gave advice to each other, laughed and shed tears together, comforted and supported each other... This was the reason why Rosé was so moved. She just couldn't believe her luck, she came to Korea completely alone only to find a new family. The greatest sisters that she could have asked for.

"Let's eat the cake!" - she exclaimed with a smile. Eating good food always cheered her up.

The girls were enjoying the delicious cake in silence. Jennie and Jisoo were sitting on the bed, Rosé was lying in the chair facing them and Lisa was sitting on the floor, her back against the bed.

"Let's play a game." - Jisoo suggested.

"I'm in!" - Lisa was always eager to play games.

"Truth or dare?" - Jisoo was a master at this game and she knew it.

"Noooo, please..." - Jennie protested. "Last time we played you dared me to wink at our vocal teacher and it was the most embarrassing moment of my life."

"Embarassing for you maybe, I loved that moment, I couldn't stop laughing for a whole day afterwards, I wish I had recorded it." - Rosé said laughingly. "I say we play."

"It's three to one, you are outvoted Jennie!" - Jisoo jumped excitedly. "Give me the bottle, it's truth or dare time ladies!"

Jennie rolled her eyes, she felt like she was always the most embarrassed when they played this game.

"Could we at least not play dare, just truth?" - she asked.

"Fineee, you coward." - Jisoo agreed, anxious the get the game started.

"It's my birthday, I go first!" - Rosé spun the bottle and it stopped pointing at Jisoo.

"Chu, what is your biggest fear?" - the birthday girl asked immediately.

"What, that's it?" - Lisa exclaimed.

"Come on, Chae, what's with easy questions." - Jennie threw a pillow at Rosé.

"It's not even an embarrassing one." - Lisa added.

"Really? Just look at her." - Rosé pointed at Jisoo who was visibly flustered. "Remember Chu, you have to tell the truth."