Chapter 8. Fanservice.

August 2017

A year has passed from Blackpink's debut and it has been a pure bliss. Jennie loved every aspect of it: their ever-growing fandom, live performances, award shows, interviews... It was like a dream come true. And, what was even more important to her, she got to experience it all with the love of her life at her side. However, Jennie had to admit that in this ocean of happiness there was an island of sadness. She felt that just being close to Lisa, talking with her, smiling with her, playing with her was no longer enough. Jennie anxiously realized that she she was longing more and more for Lisa's touch.

Before they debuted, the producers gave to each member an individual role which they were supposed to act out during vlives, interviews or variety shows. Lisa's role was to be a mischievous maknae, a role which existed in many kpop groups. It was a perfectly good choice because it was in line with Lisa's character. It was different with Jennie. She hated her role, she was supposed to be this serious member who acted annoyed when Lisa teased her. At the beginning she really tried to act like that, but she just couldn't. "How can I pretend to hate Lisa's attempts to kiss me on the cheek when all I really want is to feel her soft lips and kiss her back?" - she helplessly thought. With time, Jennie was becoming bolder, she didn't always stick to her "serious" role and even started to respond positively to Lisa's affectionate behavior on camera. Although their managers noticed this and reminded her many times that she should follow her script, Jennie didn't listen. Finally, seeing that the fans were loving clingy Jenlisa interactions, the company decided to allow them to continue because it was increasing the group's popularity.

Jennie was obviously excited about this, but the whole Jenlisa thing worried her. The fans were far more perceptive than she thought. Some of them immediately noticed that there was something different in how Jennie and Lisa behave towards each other, different that what normally happens between best friends. It was less obvious for the Thai girl because she was naturally affectionate towards everyone, but Jennie's behavior was starting to make people think that there was more than friendship between the two girls. She knew that it would only get worse, that she wouldn't be able to control herself all the time. Every time she subconsciously glances at Lisa with pure affection in her eyes, every time she touches Lisa gently without even thinking, the cameras would be there to record it. And show it to the world.

"Just admit it that you can't control yourself with Lisa around. You know it will happen again and again." - she thought. "People will notice, start talk about us and..." - Jennie was suddenly frightened - "Lisa will know."

The greatest fear of her life at the moment was that Lisa will discover the truth about her feelings. Jennie realized how hard they all had worked for Blackpink's success and she wasn't going to put it at risk. "Even if being best friends with Lisa is all I'm ever going to get." - she thought bitterly. She was heartbroken but changing her mind wasn't even an option for her. She said motionlessly for a time, when all of a sudden an idea dawned on her. "It's crazy" - she thought - "completely crazy. But I already did crazy things for love before." - Jennie recalled fondly how she stood up to the almighty CEO Yang. "My love for Lisa. I'm going to hide it in plain sight." - she decided and headed out of her room.

She knocked lightly on the door to Lisa's room.

"Come in!" - she heard.

"It's just me, I would like to talk to you about something." - Jennie saw her friend sitting on the bed and looking at her phone.