Bookstore Handsome

Draco just couldn't leave me alone and have a day of peace, so he tagged along with me to my trips to the supermarket, my coffee shop, and my bookstore. "It's going to be incredibly boring," I warned, but he insisted.

The supermarket was long and I had to go back and put them away before I could return and get a book to read in the coffee shop. I made Draco carry all the heavy stuff.

"I'm going to go to the book store. It's going to be incredibly boring, so just go and wait at the coffee shop." He reluctantly left as I celebrated my success in making Draco leave me alone.

I walked to through the sections and couldn't find a book that sparked my interest until I spotted a rather colorful book of yellows, blues, greens and pinks. I reached to pick it up, but another hand reached out to grab it, making our hands touch. I looked to my right and there's stuff the most charming man I'd ever laid eyes on. His hair was the darkest shade of black, his eyes a beautiful pair of light green, and his jawline could cut cheese. He was fairly muscular and very tall. He wore glasses, the kind you look sensitive, but also still hot. He smiled at me and showed the most beautiful teeth I'd ever laid eyes on. If my parents were here, they'd want a picture with his teeth. "Sorry," I managed to say.

"No, it's all yours," he said.

"Thank you," I said. I reached for the book, but before I could he caught my attention.

"I'm sorry, I just got to say," he started, "You are easily the most beautiful woman I've ever met, and so when I saw you reach for the book, I did too, so you'd talk to me. Is that pathetic?"

I giggled. "No, of course not. I'm Hermione Granger."

"Hermione Granger? As in Harry Potter's friend Hermione?" I nodded. "I'm Caleb. Caleb Knight," he said. "Would you like to grab some coffee after this?"

I nodded. "That'd be nice." I finally got the book and miraculously, the title was They Met In a Book Store. I had always dreamed of meeting the perfect guy in a bookstore, having coffee, and getting a happily ever after. He seemed like the perfect guy to try that with.

We walked to the coffee shop and ordered our coffees. "What's that book you've got?"

He smiled. "War and Peace," He said. "I had to buy another, fit I had worn out my original. I've read it so many times, I'd lost count." 

As we talked, I noticed he was the perfect guy. His laugh was carefree, his eyes made me moon over him and everything was so easy. We stayed in the coffee so for hours, just talking and exploring. "Hey, uh, will you go on a date with me tomorrow?"

I smiled, hoping he would ask me at some point. "Yes, I would like that."

*****

I arrived home, still in a daze and as I opened the door, inside was waiting a very angry Malfoy.

"I saw you with Mr. Glasses today," he said. "How was he?"

I scoffed. "I have nothing to share, especially with you." I walked past him, but he grabbed my wrist and completely spun me around to him.

"Why can't you tell me?" He questioned. "Was it that bad? Are you running to your room to cry about your failed attempt to catch him?"

I stared him in the eyes. "Fine. You want to know?"

He got closer to my face and put his hand under my chin. "Yeah, I really do."

"We had an amazing time. We talked for hours, we're going on a date next Friday. Happy?"

His grip loosened and he averted his eyes.

"Oh, and by the way," I continued," I happen to love glasses."

He walked away without saying anything more. Is he okay? But I stopped myself from feeling any sympathy. "Whatever," I told myself. "He's just mad he couldn't trick me into loving him."

*****
Draco's POV

•Earlier that day•

Hermione left to the book shop. As much as I wanted to pretend things were okay, I couldn't. I had been a real jerk to Hermione, and I promised myself I wouldn't be like that again, but she but brings it out of me. And I don't know why. I snuck off home to plan my apology. I made pancakes, because who doesn't love pancakes, right? I fixed pancakes and made it sort of dinner style. I smiled at my work, and rented one of the muggle movies I'd seen recently, The Princess Bride, And I gave me a vibe that made me know Hermione would love the movie if she hadn't already seen it.

I apparated back to the coffee shop where Hermione told me to meet her, but she was already laughing with another person. Ugh, glasses. I left, knowing she had forgotten to meet me back. I got home and threw out all of the pancakes and watched the movie by myself. Now I knew why I was and still is a jerk to Hermione. It's because she's only person who ever made me feel this way. Before with Viktor Krum at the ball, here with Ron, and now with glasses. It's easier to let a wall up and not get hurt rather than feel only to be hurt.

When Hermione arrived home, I was mad. It was late, and the food had gone cold. "I saw you with Mr. Glasses today," he said. "How was he?"

She scoffed at me. "I have nothing to share, especially with you." She walked past me, but I wasn't just going to let her go.

"Why can't you tell me?" I questioned. "Was it that bad? Are you running to your room to cry about your failed attempt to catch him?"

She stared into my eyes. "Fine. You want to know?"

I got close to her face, fighting the urge to kiss her. "Yeah, I really do."

"We had an amazing time. We talked for hours, we're going on a date next Friday. Happy?"

I let go of her and I retreated. Hearing her say it made me feel a pelt of sadness.

Before I could say anything back, she interrupted me "Oh, and by the way, I happen to love glasses." I walked away and locked myself in my room. So much for wanting to apologize.