One.

Be strong they said. Don't break the rules, follow their orders and most important, survive. The rules made by the rulers of Masu are simple:

You don't listen or follow orders, you die. 

You try escape, you die. 

You resist, you die....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been eight years, five months and twelve days since the wave. Everyone, all people over the world who survived the wave, came to Masu. To pray, to grief, and to start over again. Masu is a scrapyard, not a place to grow up in. But nobody really had a choice.

I tried to escape once. Get over the walls and look what is out there. But the rulers, they seem to be scared. Like, they're keeping a secret from everyone. I didn't even get to the wall.

The rulers always told the people that the world was destroyed. That Masu was the only place we could live and survive. The rulers are powerful. They gave the people a place to be ''safe'' and to live. Everyone believes they tell the truth, nobody decides to leave... Except for me.

What if the rest of the world wasn't destroyed? What if there are other people just like me, wondering the same over and over again? 

This can't be it... 

This can't be all that's left....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'What are we looking for anyway?'

'Just a thing.' Yukio answered.

'Makes sense.'

I bent down and placed my hands in the mud to look under a piece of metal.

'And?'

Yukio's voice echoed down the street. I looked up. My long hair was wet from the rain and stuck to my face. I wiped the mud from my hands on my pants and walked up to him.

'Yuk, are you sure it was here?'

I held my hand above my eyes so I wouldn't be blinking raindrops all the time. Yukio sighed and nodded.

'Well, wherever you left it, it's probably gone by now

'Well, wherever you left it, it's probably gone by now. We should head back. Curfew is about to start and I don't want to be interrogated all night again.'

Yukio chuckled.

I punched him on his shoulder.

'That wasn't funny asshole! You were lucky, they didn't get you.'

'And how could that be possible?'

I rolled my eyes.

'Oh please shut up and start moving. Its freezing cold and my clothes are soaked. Next time you lose something, don't lose it when its raining. I can't see a thing.'

'Of course, next time I'll make a better plan to lose it, ma'am.'

He laughed  when the Curfew alarm rang through Masu.

The loudspeakers all over Masu started beeping and there came that annoying ass voice we heard every night.

*All people should be inside as soon as the alarm has stopped. If you're seen after that time, you'll be arrested. I repeat: All people should be inside as soon as the alarm has stopped. If you're seen after that time, you'll be arrested*

'Better get going.'

Yukio nodded and we ran through the streets. Yukio and I don't live far from each other. We said goodbye at Yukio's door and I walked the rest of my way home by myself. 

Its cold, very cold. My breath is making clouds of smoke in the air. Finally I see my apartment and open the door. I don't have a key as I don't have anything of value anyway. I close the door and smile when I see a dog running towards me.

'Hello there, you missed me Dax?'

Daxor jumped against me with his front legs, which unbalanced me. I supported myself at the door handle so as not to fall over. Daxor licked my hand and barked.

'Yeah, yeah, I missed you, too!

I stroked him over his head and walked to my ramshackle bed where I took off my shoes

I stroked him over his head and walked to my ramshackle bed where I took off my shoes. My apartment isn't... very charming. The floor, walls and ceiling are rotten and the only thing I have is a bed, a backpack and a dog. Nobody has a charming home. Everyone lives in places like this. 

I grabbed my backpack and took my mp3 player out followed by my headphone and turned it on

I grabbed my backpack and took my mp3 player out followed by my headphone and turned it on. My mp3 player was one of the little things I could save from the wave. I sighed and laid down on my bed. Daxor jumped on the bed too en laid down next to be. I closed my eyes.

Another day has past in Masu. Another day doing absolutely nothing. I'm done with it. But I can't leave...

'Someday Dax...'

The dog looked up to me.

'Someday, we WILL get out of here. I promise...'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAAA you guys this is the first REAL chapter of my new story nowhere. I hope you enjoyed and want to read it further. 

Dm me if you'd like to talk to somebody and I wish you a wonderful rest of the day/night.

See you in the next chapter!

Love,

Eline