One

She gasped for air, messy locks framed her face while she struggled to breathe. Her small hands grasped for her throat. She needed air, and fast. Her gils weren't working right. Whatever liquid they had put her in burned them.
Amara looked down at her feet, they had grown webs over the past year. Her hands were starting to grow webs. It reminded her of when Meredith would read to her and Austin about the missing fish man. Was she his replacement? She didn't know. All she knew is she was losing air, and fast.
In the other room, Austin was strapped to a mental operating table. Bottles of potions and liquids were lined up. Eyeballs in jars, feathers hanging on the wall, an owl head above the door. Amara called this The Bird Room. Austin was always dragged to the bird room for his "playtime" with daddy.
"Hmm..What do you think about blue, buddy?" The man spoke with a gravely voice.
Austin couldn't speak with his mouth being covered by an air mask. His eyes flickered back to the tools in fear. Mumbling about something that was difficult to understand.
His beard was hidden by his face mask while he spoke, each word sounded like tires on a dirt road. His brown eyes caught a a glimpse of a robin flying past the bay window. A light chuckle left his demented mouth.
The way his fingers fumbled over tools, you'd never know he was fired from Cornell University for conducting experiments on the students. Professor Sebastian Allen, was caught in the lab one late night while he was with a student. He had drugged the young man, and decided to test the effects of his latest interest. Sebastian wasn't aware that one of the students from his class had caught on to his strange behavior. The student had planted a camera in the classroom.
That morning when they tape was released to the press, Sebastian went into hiding. Where he met a woman pregnant with twins. A boy and girl. You could say he fell in love. But with who? The woman, or the free test subjects?