When it happened

The slick ice fragile underneath my feet.

"Marky, are you sure this is safe?" I asked.

I was shaking, this was not what I pictured as fun. Skipping school, trespassing. If my dad found out I was so dead. Almost literally. Getting caught by the police and getting takeny away would be better then if my dad found out.

"It's totally safe. I promise. Lexi and I come out here all the time." Marky said laughing me off.

He was such a douche sometimes.

"Yah, but isn't this where Amanda died?" Whimpering as I spoke.

Amanda had been Marky's girlfriend at the time of her death. If this was the place I thought it was then it explained why Marky liked it here. He could feel as if he was protecting her. I knew he regretted not going with her, when she wanted him too. He could have saved her.

"Yes...." He mumbled.

The conversation ended there. We hardly ever even talked about Amanda. Marky had been so madly in love with her. He would do anything for her. She was the town's sweetheart. Long blonde hair, that hung below her waist. Grey eyes that sparkled and lit up the whole room. Rosie cheeks, a smile that could dazzle a whole crowd. She was considered the perfect girl. Her death was almost a tragedy....

"Ohh."

I heard the crack. The ice was breaking.

"Marky! Get off the ice now!" I screamed full force.

Shoving him off the ice. I felt the ground underneath me break. I felt the cold water hit my body. Everything went out. Blackness swarmed my body.