Chapter 1: The first shift

Annaleigh's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turn my alarm off and sit up in my bed. I get out of bed and go into my bathroom. The sad thing is I live in the attic of the pack house and my bed is a couple of blankets on the floor and my bathroom hardly ever works.

Everyone in the pack hates me. Even my parents and older brother Jason...

After I get cleaned up I put on a baggy cable knit sweater and some baggy sweatpants. It's the only clothes I'm allowed to have other than my pathetic excuse for pajamas.

I go downstairs and make breakfast for everyone and once I'm done I set the table and leave when I hear people starting to come down stairs.

When I get outside a searing pain shoots through my body and I let out a piercing scream. That only means one thing. My first shift. My bones break and rearrange for what seems like hours. When everything has reset I look down at my massive paws and they aren't wolf paws. They are lion paws. Black lion paws. I hear a gasp and I look around at my pack. The alpha comes forward.

"You are a disgrace!! Leave this pack and never return!!!" When I think it can't get much worse my parents and brother come forward. "My mate Christen and I hereby disown you as our daughter." My heart shatters as I feel my pack and family ties cut. My brother looks at me in pure hatred. "You are no longer my sister." That's the last I can take.

I turn and sprint off into the woods. I turn back into my clothed human form and continue running. After what seems like hours I come across a pond. I take a few drinks and finally look myself over. I look so different.

My extremely short ugly, hair now flows down to my hips in soft brown waves with beautiful silver streaks. My lifeless grey eyes are now a fluorescent blue that holds so much wisdom. My body is nicely toned and I have tattoos. All up and down my arms and on my back. All of different animals. One of which is my black lion. My height is now 5 foot 11 and I look good. My clothes are different too. To replace my sweater is a backless black blouse and to replace my old sweat pants are white skinny jeans and knee high black heeled boots. My tattoos look awesome with this outfit!!

Out of nowhere I hear snarling. I turn towards the woods and some wolves come out. One is midnight black, one is light grey and that other is a chestnut brown. They shift into very attractive clothed guys.

The black wolf has black hair and green eyes. The grey one now has blonde hair and blue eyes and the brown one has brown hair and hazel eyes. "Who are you Rogue?" Green eyes snarled. "Annaleigh. What are your names?" I say confidently. They look taken aback by my confidence. "I am Trent and this is Lewis and Casey." Green eyes I mean Trent says pointing to the blonde who is Lewis and brown haired boy who is Casey.

"Why don't you have a pack?" Lewis asks. "I was disowned." They all look sad for me. Which is weird. Nobody has ever taken pity on me. "Do you want to join our pack? We'd have to talk to the Alpha though." Ah. They must be pack fighters. They don't have the Alpha, Beta or TIC power radiating from them.

We all walk back to their pack house. We all become quite close in the thirty minute walk. I learned that they belong to the riverbank pack. Which is sadly the smallest and most picked on pack in the world. Rogues don't even bother messing with them because it's not a challenge. They go after the packs like my old one. It must be nice to not have to worry but you never know when the rogues will one day decide to attack.

When we get back we go into the Alphas office. Right then the most amazing scent hits me. Pine and mint. The Alpha turns around and one word comes out of our mouths at the exact same time. And that word is "Mate"

Hey guys! BandNerdBeauty here with the first chapter of my brand new story!! I will update this every Saturday, and Wednesday. I hope you enjoy!!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Stay beautiful!!!