Chapter 2

For the most part, Danny knows when someone is suspicious of him.

It comes with the job, sure, but sometimes he can understand what other people in the room are feeling. He confided this to his friends once, and they believed it was a new power. They dubbed it "Empathy" and tested it out on a few emotional high schoolers. Together, they discovered that Danny has the ability to feel others emotions.

Its partially disturbing, because sometimes it takes a moment for him to realize that the emotions he is feeling are someone else's, not his own.

But, like most of his other powers, his friends had been right at his side, helping him to learn how to control and make the most of his new ability. Now, he can single out a specific persons emotions and know—for the most part— that they're not his.

But, suspicion had been an emotion that he's taught himself to look out for. He felt it occasionally during high school drama, during couples he's walked past on the street, hell-even when one of his parents machines goes off on him does he feel a flicker of suspicion from them.

Needless to say, he knows suspicion when he feels it, and this Dipper kid is no exception.

But right now, he had more things he needed to worry about. Like how to get home, if his friends are okay, if Wulf was okay, if this was even his own dimension!

'Deep breath, Fenton', Danny thought to himself, 'Focus on one thing at a time. I need to find Wulf, if he's not being hunted by Walker as we speak...'

With a movement no one really expected, Danny sat up.

Danny regretted sitting up.

His wound roared in agony and he let out a pained gasp, but he fought on. It would be healed is maybe a few hours anyway, so it's probably fine, right?

That is, until he felt multiple pairs of arms try to stop him from walking.

"I need to go," Danny managed to grunt out through the pain, "I have to..."

"Okay, dude, chill," The redhead-Wendy- spoke up, "You need rest with a cut that nasty, especially with how deep it is. You can stay here til' you're better."

Danny sighed, knowing there was nothing to be done until everyone was out of the room.

"Hey, you two," She turned on the twins, "did you call an ambulance at all?"

There was a moment of silence before Mabel face-palmed. "This is it, bro-bro," she cried dramatically, "We're devolving."

"Mabel, we're not devolving." Her brother only partly comforted his twin, "I had thought of it before deciding against it."

"Oh! Can I ask why..?" Wendy gave Danny a few more pillows for him to be comfortable. With them, he was able to sit up against a cabinet to observe the conversation through slightly hazy eyes.

"I thought it was like..." Dipper's eyes flashed over to Danny, hitting him with another wave of suspicion, "...a thing."

"A thing?" Mabel asked."

"A thing."

"A thing..." the twin raked her brain, "OH-a thing!" She smiled, winked, and did finger guns at Dipper.

Dipper smiled at her understanding, "Exactly. Thank you Mabel."

Danny squinted at the odd interaction.

"Okayy," Wendy shrugged and decided to move on, "Hey, do you have anyone we can contact to let them know you're alright?"

Danny hesitated, "Um...yes...? Would it be alright if I tried to call them myself?"