CHAPTER III

Chapter III

"WE found something for you," Kid smirked as he plays at the gun that he's holding.

Shinichi narrowed his eyes at the thief. Kid playfully pointed the gun at him and shrugs as he put down the gun. "There are some traces of that organization you're chasing on that area." Kid continued, smirking when the detective's demeanor change.

"There might be a connection between that organization and the dead guy. Well, that's what we assumed." Shawn intervened and shuts off his laptop.

"So before giving them their big surprise, you're free to check some of their files." The thief said and carelessly threw the gun at the table. "It's okay then. We're ready. We should make sure that we will give them a great surprise show." The thief smirked as he turned around and starts to leave the hideout.

THE night reigns and they were already at their target place, waiting for their ally's signal. "Ya ready?" Shinichi heard Shawn mumbled through the wireless earpiece. Watson's voice suddenly echoed in his head when Shawn unconsciously says that line.

Stop. He mentally told himself and heaved a sigh. "Y-Yeah." He shook his head to stop those thoughts.

The neon-colored signs that were placed at the top were blinking, making the place look like a normal local bar. "Welcome." The bouncer says as he opened the door for Shinichi.

"The first floor looks like a normal bar." He mumbled as he looked around the place. He silently sat at one booth and kept his gaze at the wild crowd. Totally normal.  He thought.

"Yeah but at the second floor..." He heard some shuffling and Shawn's rapid tapping on his laptop. A waiter approached him, taking his order. "They told me that that floor was kind of security loaded. Body accessories were strictly not allowed there."

"Damn. That means I need to take off all of my gadgets." Shinichi mumbled to himself and heavily breathe out. The waiter arrived and carefully placed his drink as Shinichi mumbled a small thank you.

"Our connection will be slightly cut off since you need to leave everything that you have at the entrance of that floor." Shawn paused. "But there's a spare one with the bombs that you need to blow our target room." He added.

"And lastly, your escape route will be at the rooftop."

"Is that all?" Shinichi asks as he stands up, drinking all of his drink. "That's it for now." When he heard Shawn's response, he quickly moves towards the two guards standing at the stairs to the second floor.

As he got close at the guards, the two immediately blocked his way upstairs. One of the guards stared at Shinichi and spoke. "Sir, you are not allowed to enter here." The guard says and kept his stance.

"But I do have a pass. I came to play upstairs." Shinichi tried to reason out, holding and lifting up his pass.

"Unfortunately, that pass is for this floor only. Not unless you have the gold card for us to let you go." The guard explained. "We just need to see your gold card, Sir." The guard shouted when the bar's music got louder and the crowd starts screaming and cheering.

Shinichi frowned at the noise and slightly nodded. "The gold card, yeah. Just a second." He taps his pockets, trying to 'search' for the gold card.

"You didn't give me that card, Shawn." He mumbled, looking away at the two.

"Kaito said that he'll be the one who'll steal that from someone."

"Then where is that thie—" Shinichi felt someone pushed him and saw a rushed waiter running around. He caught a glimpse of the waiter.