CHAPTER VII

Chapter VII

AS Shinichi swiftly parked his motor, he silently roamed his eyes around his area. Many vehicles were parked and an extreme loud noise, almost ear-splitting along with the crowds’ scream from distance can be heard.

He fished out the card on his pocket and head to the entrance. “It’s been a long time, kid. There were many members who turned their back at the organization and betrayed them.” Vermouth’s words echoed in Shinichi’s head as he stared at the card she gave to him. It is a card… or maybe a concert ticket for a music festival.

That explains the noise. Shinichi thought. “But why on earth would he be here?” he asked to himself as he slipped the card inside his leather jacket after showing it at the guards at the entrance.

He once again observed his surroundings and at the center of the place is an open-area where all he can see are drunken people dancing and shouting nonsensical things. “Not with this kind of crowd again.” he groaned as he looked for a perfect place to look around the area.

Shinichi walked inside the building at the side which thankfully surrounded by some sober people. “Now, I get it.” He whispered, noticing some group of guys sneakily show a pack of white powder-like substance with their friends.

He quietly sat at the booth just across the group, trying to listen to their conversation. Shinichi’s intuition was right, those were drugs sold by the organization. Without noticing, someone suddenly stopped on his side, pulling Shinichi up on his seat.

“What are you doing??” Shinichi asked in confusion when he felt someone’s grip on his arms. “Who are you?” he asked once again when the guy momentarily stop.

“Tantei-kun. I believe you’re looking for me.” Bourbon uttered, a smile was displayed on his lips. The guy kept his hold on his arm and pulled him with him towards somewhere.

“How did you know?” Shinichi asked.

The other guy shrugged before answering. “She told me.” He simply answered, knowing Shinichi already knew who he’s talking about.

Bourbon opened the door to the other hallway. “Where are you dragging me?” The detective asked, growing more and more impatient.

“Shh, less talk.” The guy muttered before pointing the opened ventilation above. Shinichi then followed him on the way and stopped when the other guy faced him, pointing his finger beneath them.

Shinichi curiously peaked down and saw another room but much likely looked like an office. “They’re here.” Bourbon whispered motioning to keep quiet before looking back down the ventilation.

And as if on cue, three guys entered the room below clad on black clothes. “I can’t believe they still have to do this.” The guy with a scar on his left eye spoke, making his way to the swivel chair.

“Aniki…” A familiar voice spoke which Shinichi quickly recognized as Vodka. So this is Gin’s office?

“Gin…” The unfamiliar guy called but quickly shut his mouth and his features showed fear. “I m-mean, Sir… in this kind of events, we can garner lots of money by selling those stuffs to anyone.” The guy explained.

Gin maniacally laughed before swinging his chair, turning his back at the two. “They’re stupid for using those just to get a temporary bliss.” He uttered.

The other guy nodded before speaking again. “They didn’t really care though as long as they enjoy it and we can use that money we got for the next mission.”

“Anyway, our next target will be at the black auction. I’m sure after that event, loads of firearms, guns, bombs… variety of those stuffs will be sent for us.” The guy informed the two before excusing himself to leave.