Chapter One

This story takes place sometime before the expedition where they encounter the female titan.

Ages are slightly different in this story. So the characters are older than they were in the manga/anime in season 1.

Armin's POV

"Hey, Armin! Come here!" Eren called to me.

I bit my lip as my heart fluttered in my chest when Eren said my name. I ran over to him and stood in front of him.

"Hey, Eren... what's up?" I asked, smiling sweetly at him.

"Happy birthday!" He said, handing me a little box that was wrapped with red wrapping paper. He smiled as I took the present.

"Thanks Eren, but you didn't have to get me anything you know." I said, blushing slightly.

"I wanted to." He said.

I smiled awkwardly.

"Open it." He said.

I nodded and started to unwrap the present, being very delicate. Once opened, I opened the little box.

I gasped once I saw the gift.

It was a hand-made bracelet that was a dull blue.

"Oh Eren, this is beautiful." I said, picking out the bracelet and sliding it on my left wrist.

"It's a friendship bracelet, I have one too. See?" He said, holding out his left wrist beside mine.

Right... friends...

"Th-thank you, Eren..." I said, trying desperately to hide the hurt in my voice.

"Of course." He said, smiling.

"Back to cleaning!" Captain Levi yelled from a distance.

My eyes widened as I looked at him, then I looked back at Eren and giggled. He giggled with me.

"Well... I'll see you later, then?" He asked, smiling softly.

I smiled softly back and nodded. "Of course. See you later..."

With that, he walked away. I watched him leave. He walked to Captain Levi and grabbed a mop that was laying on the ground near him. They talked for a bit, then they walked together somewhere else. On their way though, Captain Levi turned around and looked at me. I tensed. He looked away and continued to walk away with Eren.

I sighed and grabbed my rake and started to rake the leaves.

***

Dinner rolled around, and I went to get cleaned up for it. Most of the time Eren eats with Squad Levi and I eat with the others. Squad Levi gets their own private dinning area, and we have a cafeteria basically. It's just like what we had during the 104th cadet corps.

Once I finished showering and getting changed, I headed down to the cafeteria.

For some reason when I got there, I couldn't find anyone I knew.

I sighed sadly and went to grab my food but was stopped by someone yelling my name.

I looked behind me and saw Mikasa peering her head through the door.

"Come here!" She said, motioning with her hand.

I looked at her confused but complied and went to her. She grabbed my wrist and dragged me somewhere else.

"W-Where are we going?" I asked, trying desperately not to fall over with how quick she was walking.

"You'll see." Was all she said.