𝖤𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

taehyun can't believe what he has gotten himself into. he doesn't know why he's panicking when he was the one who suggested the idea to beomgyu, yet his heart won't stop racing and the flush in his cheeks remain ever since the older boy left.

when beomgyu came to, taehyun immediately checked him for anything concerning and the boy checked out. they shared awkward looks before beomgyu said he needed to go back home to change and he'd return at 7:30 at sunset, meaning taehyun only has ten minutes now.

taehyun grabs a pillow then slams it into his face before screaming in maybe excitement? anxiety? embarrassment? taehyun doesn't know exactly besides the fact he's feeling every emotion at once. he tosses the pillow aside before picking up his phone and calls kai, his trusty righthand man."

he explains everything that happened and kai says, "dude, this is your chance! i didn't know it would happen this early, but holy SHIT!"

"kai," taehyun begins as he sighs exhaustedly at the young boy's excitement. "what are you talking about? my chance for what?"

an overdramatic gasp comes from the phone, causing taehyun to rub the bridge of his nose in exhaustion. huening kai is nowhere near normal and is always so goddamn loud that his own parents said he cried the loudest when he was born compared to his sisters.

"your chance to bang your crush! the guy you've been obsessing over for, like, fifty years!"

"it's only been two years and we're not having-" taehyun cuts himself to take a deep breath and say softly, "we're not having sex, kai."

his cousin scoffs, "right, of course! you're just two homosexual bros who are attracted to each other going skinny dipping together and not do anything extremely gay! that's totally normal!" taehyun doesn't need to be a genius to hear the sarcasm dripping from kai's voice. "why are you in such denial that you two feel the exact same way and more?"

taehyun can only sigh as kai goes on a tangent about the many signs from beomgyu that's telling taehyun that he likes him. but the thing is that taehyun isn't in denial. he knows that beomgyu feels something for him, but he's worried about what would it lead to. where would they go after acknowledging each other's feelings? what would being in a relationship with beomgyu be like?

of course the brunette is curious and uses his imagination to live in such fantasies, but in all his fantasies, his dad always stands in the way. remembering how his dad disapproves of beomgyu and the other chois, taehyun feels guilty. he feels like he's stabbing his own father in the back by going against his words and mingle with someone forbidden to him.

kang taehyun never disobeys his father, no matter what. he always listens and heeds his father's words as his father makes sure to never put too many limitations on his son, but he was always extreme when it came to choi beomgyu.

his father definitely wouldn't approve of the blooming relationship between the two boys and who knows how he would react to his son being gay. he believes everything involving beomgyu is wrong, and as taehyun believes that everything his father views as wrong is undeniably wrong. but, he's wrong about beomgyu.

beomgyu isn't a delinquent with family issues who does stupid shit for attention or simply because he knows it's wrong. he does things just to do them and experience new things no matter how incredibly and undoubtedly stupid they are. he doesn't put on a bad guy attitude to look cool. he shows people his funny, nice, and cute self because he doesn't need to pretend to be something he isn't for people to like them. he already brightens up the room with a simple smile.

choi beomgyu isn't a definite "wrong"; he's a definite "right". someone that's so right that taehyun can't help but to fall for him and his charms, no matter how cute and awkward he is.

so, maybe that's why taehyun didn't tell his father the morning after his and beomgyu's first encounter about the stupid blonde that went skinny dipping in their pool, or tell him about beomgyu every time his father asked about the delinquents whereabouts. the boy isn't bad, just soft and stupid.

"tae! kang taehyun, did you die?!" kai's voice pulls taehyun out of his thoughts.

he answers, "sorry, i zoned out for a bit."

a soft snort fills his ear and he chuckles at the sound. "for a bit? more like almost ten minutes." his cousin says with a laugh.

the cousins share a laugh before taehyun freezes in shock and quickly checks the time on his phone then squeaks. "i have to go, kai! i only have two minutes before gyu gets here! byebye!"

before he hangs up, kai quickly yells, "bye! don't forget to wear protection and be safe! tell me everything that happens!"

taehyun's flush worsens and he moves off his bed to look for shorts to wear since he doesn't want to be naked right away. oh when will his blush go away?!