ii. Mugglemania

don't go breakin' my heart!
I COULDN'T IF I TRIED!

don't go breakin' my heart! I COULDN'T IF I TRIED!

MUGGLEMANIA
˗ˏˋ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖎 ˎˊ˗

THE DAY Eliyra Goldsmith was sorted into Hufflepuff, is not one she can look back on with a smile

THE DAY Eliyra Goldsmith was sorted into Hufflepuff, is not one she can look back on with a smile. Well, actually, kind of. She loves the house itself. But her parents? Not so much. The Goldsmith bloodline traces back through centuries and centuries of Ravenclaw witches and wizards; it's expected of a Goldsmith to be sorted into the house of blue, it's written in the stars and set in stone. Their line had remained untainted for so long it's hard for the blonde to wrap her head around it. That was until Eliyra sat in that chair in front of all those people and inconsequently was told HUFFLEPUFF! She can still remember the way Roger's jaw had dropped to the floor as she made frantic eye contact with him. There he was, her brother, a Ravenclaw, waiting for his little sister to come sit with him - hell, he'd even saved her a seat! Then there she was, with a nervous smile playing her lips as she hesitantly made her way over to the Hufflepuff table.

It's been the cause of much guilt within the girl, the cause of her father's outright hatred toward her, and most painstakingly, she thinks, her parents divorce. The logical part of her knows it's not entirely up to her, though her unpreferable actions certainly aided Harold Goldsmith in his decision to kick his wife (and Eliyra) out. It was a mistake to marry a muggle, her father once said. (Because that same muggle, her mother, bore him a disappointment of a child that broke the prestigious chain of wizarding geniuses.) Harold really doesn't plan on forgiving his only daughter, ever . . . So Eliyra lives with her mother in Llandudno, the lovely little seaside town Helena Goldsmith - now Darcy, Eliyra supposes - had grown up in. Wales is a wonderful place to live, particularly in comparison to her father's stiff and posh London estate. It does have its downfalls; like how Eliyra hardly gets to see Roger and Jack, because her father actually treats them properly and they tend to spend a lot of time in London. In Llandudno, everyone knows everyone, unlike the city where the blonde literally could only classify about eleven people as proper acquaintances. Whenever Eliyra feels that familiar dwindling in her heart, the reminder that her family never be as they were before she was sent to Hogwarts, she thinks of the sandy beaches and periwinkle skies that she would've never been able to call home if it hadn't been for the divorce.