.2.

The breeze was cold and the sky gloomy. Thunder boomed in the distance and lightning flashed up in the horizon. I had closed the bakery and was heading to the usual dinner my best friend and I meet up. I walked faster, I didn't want to get soaked in rain. I brought out my phone and dialed a familiar number before putting it close to my ear.

"Hello Dominic," I said. "Are you in the diner?"

I heard a car honking through the phone and then Dominic's voice. "No, I'm caught up in a traffic jam," he replied.

Dominic was my best friend, he worked as a team leader in a very busy software company. His work took most of his time. The only day he wasn't really busy was Wednessays, so we usually meet up on that day.

"Are you almost there?" I asked.

"Yes, I will get there in the next ten or fifteen minutes."

"Alright, see you soon."

"Yeah." He said and hung up.

The diner was small and cozy. There were a lot of creative designs around its wall. I walked inside and sat by one of the windows. Soon, it began to rain. People ran into the diner for shelter while those who were prepared for the rain, brought out their umbrellas and used it.

I huffed and checked my phone. It's been twenty minutes, I hoped the rain wasn't disturbing Dominic.

A waiter approached me. I was kind of thirsty so I ordered a bottle of water for the meantime until Dominic's arrival.

I smiled when I saw him stepping into the Diner. His clothes were a little wet due to the heavy rain falling outside and it stuck to his clothes. His short black hair slipped down and water simmered as it dripped onto his shoulders. He had an athletic build which made him looked like he usually worked out. He didn't. He got those muscles by working himself up at his work. Yeah, Dominic was a workaholic.

He walked at a steady pace to my table and sat on the opposite seat.

"Hey, how was work?" Dominic asked, while sitting down.

"Fine." I said and called the waiter. The waiter came and we both gave out our orders. "But there was a man who came to the bakery and suddenly started insulting me unnecessarily." My face morphed into a frown. "It was like... like he knew me before. I'm not sure, but I feel we've had a clash before."

Dominic shrugged. "Maybe, he is one of those suitors you turned down harshly."

"Dominic, Do you—" the waiter came with our orders, making me pause.

She placed the orders on the table. The sweet aroma of tantalizing grilled beef drifted through my nostril. I ordered a hamburger with a cup of hot chocolate.

"Dominic, come on. Do you think I will forget a rich suitor?"

He leaned closer, concerned. "How rich is he?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. He looked super rich and he was even with an actress." I scoffed as I picked up the hamburger. I was getting hungry. "Besides, he acted like the world was under his feet by threatening to fire me from my job."

Dominic stopped eating his French fries and frowned. "Now, this is serious." He asked, "who does he think he is? How dare he threaten my girl just because he felt he had the f*cking privilege?!"

Many heads turned in our direction. I quickly cautioned Dominic "Dominic, mind your language, there are kids here."

He stretched his hands towards mine. "Okay, I won't curse again," he sighed. "I just don't like it that someone is using their status to intimidate you."