[16] HE LOVED YOU BACK

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

xvi. cain's talk

--------------------------------------------------------------

EXHAUSTION, that's what April Ambrose felt as she walks alongside by Bill Denbrough up the cobblestone path leading to the steps of her house. Her eyes were drooping against the summetime heat that draped over her lids, the days activities catching up to her and she wanted nothing more than to strip of her dress and into a loose t-shirt and shorts.

She clicks her tongue angainst the top of her mouth, looking to Bill and rubbing her eyes. "Just leave Silver out here, I'll ask my dad if he could fix her," She tells him, smiling tiredly at him as she begins to climb up the front steps. He nods, kicking the kickstand down before trailing after her.

He watches as she fumbles with zipper of her backpack, a yellow and pink braid tied to the zipper, opening up the front pocket and shuffling her hand through it before he sees her nod in satisfaction, pulling out a set of housekeys adorned with multiple coloured keychains. He took notice of how she had been able to personalize it, you look at it and could tell that she was the happiest type of person. She even had one of her bracelets tied to it and he smiled softly.

It such a mundane thing, housekeys. Housekeys, for Gods sake! He was taking notice of her keychains and was smiling like a fool at the thought. It was so fitting, though. The little rainbow one she had, the bracelet she had made tied to a keyring, and was that... A Strawberry Shortcake one? Of course, April would have one of her. They were just both so sweet.

She hums as she pushes the brass key into the keyhole, jiggling it around and twisting before looking up to him and her cheeks staining pink softly at her struggle with the door. She laughs. "Always... It's--It's always causing me problems," She says shyly, shrugging her shoulders with a tight-lipped smile.

Bill shakes his head with a soft laugh, bringing his hand to her head and ruffling her already messy curls gently. "H-Here, let m-me try," He says, moving his hand down from her hair and to April's hand which still held the key, her knuckles turning white from the pressure she'd put on them. She nods, her hand lingering on the key a split second longer than it should have, Bill's hand running against hers.

Snapping from her thoughts, the odd feeling in her belly, she pulls her hand away nodding. "Thanks, Billy," She mumbles as Bill pulls the door handle down while turning the key to unlock it. "How'd you... Do that so easily?" She asks, her eyes squinted curiously as Bill laughs, puling the keys from the hole and handing them to her.