Christmas Lights.

"What the hell are you doing, Stiles?" Derek's voice rang through the room, filled with pure exasperation.

"It's December," Stiles said like it explained everything; the box in his arms overflowing with tinsel and other Christmas decorations, the antlers perched precariously on his head as well as his unannounced arrival, not that he'd ever bothered with something so trivial before.

"So?" Derek rose an eyebrow.

"So I thought we should put up Christmas decorations." He paused and ran appraising eyes over Derek, "You did... remember it was Christmas, right? Because if not, dude! We will have to do some serious shopping, it's already the twelfth!" Derek couldn't help but wonder why Stiles decided now would be a good time to decorate the newly built Hale House. He didn't really want to ask.

Derek sighed, "No, I did not forget." As much as he wished he could've as he did not really want to spend it alone again, "I just hoped none of you would bring it here." A lie, why? He didn't really know. Stiles brow creased leaving him looking like a confused puppy. It was cute.

Derek paused and shook his head slightly, Stiles was a part of his Pack, of course, he would think things like that. It was an alpha thing... He wasn't sure if that logic made sense, even to himself.

"Why would we not? I thought you knew that we planned to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning here. I mean our parents will probably be glad that they get to sleep in, to be honest." Stiles walked past Derek and placed the box in the living room, ignoring Derek's open mouth – he had planned to say something but wasn't entirely sure what, maybe to tell Stiles that he wanted that – and said, "Everyone gave me stuff from their collection so I have another box outside and a tree on its way with Lydia. They're all also, conveniently, busy today but if you ask me they just don't want to help. Lydia can when she gets here, though that won't be for a while."

"Stiles, we are not decorating the house," Derek growled but immediately regretted it when Stiles scent became tainted with something sour. He had become more in tune with the boy's emotions of late – he didn't know why – so noticed the change quickly. Stiles was edging on annoyed, something he seemed to do a lot when people disagreed with him or an idea of his. Which was fair considering ninety-eight per cent of the time he was right and the two per cent he wasn't, it was because of misinformation on someone else's part. Whenever they didn't listen, things tended to go to shit.

"I think otherwise." He grinned, nevertheless.

"Is that so?" Derek turned and followed Stiles as he practically skipped back to his car (Roscoe as he insisted everyone call 'her').

"Yup." The word popped from his mouth, excitedly.

They went back inside in silence. Well, not total silence, considering Stiles was humming a song Derek didn't think he recognised but assumed it was that song Stiles and Scott argued over whether or not it was the best Christmas song to ever be written. Constantly. Scott said that "Last Christmas" by Wham! was better whereas Stiles disagreed saying that... What was it called? "Thank God it's Christmas" by Queen, that was it – that was, according to Stiles, better than anything Scott suggested.

By the time they got back to the living room, Stiles was quietly singing the words, Derek's lips twitched up but he refused himself the smile.

"I think it'll be good for The Pack, make it seem more like they have a place here, ya know? They sometimes forget that they have a whole bunch of people supporting them and have this place to come to when they need to get away and I think this is a good way to show that they do..." Stiles beamed at Derek causing Derek to feel a sudden pang of fondness for the human who was trying so very hard to help his Pack – their Pack. All Stiles wanted was to share the happy bubble he lived in around Christmas time, and who was Derek to deny him that?