[March 11, 2038, 03:15 am]

     Eunbi was awoken by the sound of growling and chains getting yanked. She fluttered her eyes open, and closed it again as she saw a light pointed right at her, blurring her eyesight. Eunbi tried moving her hands but to no avail. She seemed to be . . . Locked down for some reason. She couldn't get up and her head felt numb.

     She tried opening her eyes again and got it to adjust to the light, she finally heard voices, muffled voices, and that same growl she heard.

     "Get Subject 00929 - YN back to the cellar. We're done with the sleeping pills." She heard one say, "Fuck All Of You! I'll get back at you One D-" the voice was cut, and Eunbi heard the chains stop as well. She heard a door open, and footsteps approach her, she felt nervous.

     "Subject 02795-IIEK seems to be awake now. Perfect timing, Professor Kim." A feminine voice said, "You're going to check her again. We don't know what Subject 00061-HT did to her." A familiar yet, unrecognizable deep voice for Eunbi, spoke. Is it that bulky man in black yesterday . .? Or . .

     "Yes Professor. Get the new serum we just developed. Let's see if her body can take its power." Eunbi heard her say last before people started to check her. She heard them say that, she was all clear. And that she's ready to take in that . . Whatever serum it was.

     The same lady approached her, then stared at her face, blocking the light, Eunbi could see her face now. Her left eye was different, it had black eyeballs and a red —almost scarlet— eye. The lady looked young, younger than Eunbi. Her eyes scanned the young girl and she saw a name tag on her chest pocket.

Minjoo.

     Minjoo caressed her hair slowly, almost with care, "This is going to hurt, Mrs. Kwon," Eunbi could see her lips smile, but not her eyes as she injected the serum on her neck.

     Eunbi couldn't scream, she felt numb, her sight became a blur, everything around her became so vivid. She struggled to remain conscious as she battled with the unknown substance injected in her system.

In the end, she fainted.

[March 13, 2038, 8:35 am]

     She woke up in this same containment unit she was thrown in yesterday. She tried to move, but she couldn't. Her body felt weak yet she felt that something was flowing through her veins. She opened her eyes and all she could see was purple. She couldn't understand and make out her surroundings. What's grass and what's water. What's trees or what's walls. She tried to stand up again, and now she could. When her hand touched the ground, her arm fell limp again.

     Come on Eunbi . . . Stand up . . She told herself and tried again. She held on the titanium handle and used all her strength to stand up. She panted.

     "Eunbi?" A voice said. "Is that you?" Hitomi repeated. "H . . ." She struggled. "Hitomi . . I'm here . ." She said, holding on a tree for support. "What happened? Where were you? You've been gone for two days." The younger girl asked, helping the older.

     "They . . . Did something to me . ." Eunbi said. "What did they inject? Did you hear what they were saying?"

     "Something like a . . A new serum they developed . . ? I don't remember quite clearly." Hitomi let go of Eunbi's hand. "Oh." She said blankly, "The New Serum, I see," Eunbi looked at Hitomi and saw a small grin on her face before turning back, "Come on, Eunbi. Let's get you healed on the den." She said before walking away.

     Eunbi looked at her back fading in the tall grass, leaving the older sitting by a tree, dumbfounded.