-21-

The next day Jungkook was woken up by the strident sound of his alarm instead by the calming voice of his mother. One of the many things he hated from being all by himself in a big house like his.

His mood quickly changed as soon as he stepped foot inside his high school and caught a glimpse of Taehyung walking next to Yoongi through the corridors. He was going to follow them where an anxious Hoseok grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards an empty class.

If Jungkook hadn't known him for almost all his life he would for sure think he was crazy. Hoseok paced back and forth quickly which Jungkook would have found slightly funny if it wasn't for how obviously stressed out he was.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked tilting his head in curiosity trying to comprehend why his best friend looked like a complete maniac.

"I need some help..." He said uneasily before sitting on one of the nearby tables. "With...?" Jungkook prompted slowly.

"I think I fucked up big time..." He said un surely, burying his head in his hands in a stressed manner.

Jungkook frowned and approached him slowly, trying to think of a good way to console him, coming up with a hug, hugs always works, don't they?

He wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his back slowly before tightening it a little more, still concerned about how down his friend seemed.

"Tell me, Hobi." There it was, the nickname he always used when he tried to cheer him up. When he was a child he always called him that, liking the way Hoseok would smile bigger afterwards.

Jungkook made it up and everyday would joke about it, causing Hoseok to mildly punch him in the chest and laugh. That joke soon became something more, it gained importance and Hoseok learnt to love it after a while.

Somehow, as they grew up it was less used but it was always there, in fact, because of that, whenever Jungkook called him that, Hoseok would smile a lot wider because it meant something special to them. It reminded them of how many years they have been together, how many things they have been through and how much they loved each other.

Truth is, even now they would joke and laugh, talking about when Jungkook suddenly dropped one day of those his internal dilemma. When he didn't know which of the two names he thought of would be better. He eventually chose Hobi.

After all, J-dope made him sound like a drug dealer, which was not cool.

Jungkook could see from above how Hoseok's lips curved upwards slightly from the nickname, it always worked. It will always.

"Yesterday, I-" Jungkook's phone rang loudly which cause the owner to curse under his breath from how loud it was. He let go of his friend and pulled his phone out seeing 'Mum' displayed on the screen.

"I'm sorry, I gotta take this. Would you mind explaining to me later? The bell is about to ring." He asked quickly after seeing the time on his phone.

Hoseok nodded slowly, trying to assure him it was okay, although deep down his nerves only grew more and more.

The bell rang not long after that, everybody entered their respective classes and three hours of endless suffering began.

Lunch time came around quite quickly and they decided to stay inside the canteen, taking into acount it was frezzing outside and the rooftop wasn't an appealing idea, honestly.

The five of them were sitting on their usual table eating quietly, although, Jungkook, being the observant boy he was, couldn't not notice how uncomfortable his friend, Hoseok, looked. While everyone was too busy munching, Hoseok was fidgeting and taking quick glances to a certain black haired boy across from him, which instantly made Jungkook frown but before he could ask if everything was okay the boy sitting next to him caught his attention.